Senior Incident Response Analyst
As a Senior Incident Response Analyst, you will be given the opportunity to teach a team of security analysts about both traditional and unconventional ways to detect, analyze, and mitigate potential intrusions and other security incidents. Candidates must be willing to work in a SOC environment, demonstrate strong problem solving skills, have experience in various toolsets and best practices, able to critically think, and allow for flexible scheduling.
Shift is 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday (Limited scheduling flexibility available).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze event information and perform threat or target analysis duties. Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network Directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Manages and executes multi-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents.
- Report to, and coordinates with external organizations and authorities.
- Coordinates and distributes directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified consumers.
- Develops focused reporting and briefings for advanced cyber threats and activity
- Provides correlation and trending of Program's cyber incident activity
- Create TTPs, AARs, and ability to do deep drive investigations on complex incidents.
- Maintains situational awareness reports for advanced threats such as Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and Focused Operations (FO) incidents.
- Author Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training documentation.
- Act a SME and trainer to T2 and T1 personal as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years related technical experience is required for a level 3 role. An additional 2 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have at least two (2) certifications, from a respectable security organization based on DOD8570 standard.
- Background in hands on computer and networking experience to include an understanding of TCP/IP, routing, and major Internet protocols.
- 5+ years Intrusion monitoring, Incident response and mitigation, web application security, threat research or intelligence analysis.
- Ability to read and write scripts in various languages. (php, ksh, powershell, SQL, and similar)
- 5+ years Snort, Sourcefire, BASE, or similar IDS experience.
- 5+ years using QRADAR or ArcSIght, Splunk, and/or similar SEIM experience.
- Candidates must be willing to work in an on-call situation as well as needed per rotation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
- Experience and proficiency in a various toolsets and best practices.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top