Senior Director, Marketing Technlogy
Epsilon is seeking a Senior Director, Marketing Technology with a proven track record in designing, delivering, and managing complex marketing technology and CRM/Loyalty engagements involving both database and interactive technologies. Candidates should have a strong grasp of design of large transactional systems, database architecture, data modeling, and system integration. He or she should also have solid grasp of marketing concepts and can display the insight and know how to apply technology to meet client’s marketing needs. In addition, the candidate should have strong communication (written and oral) skills and able to collaborate with client and Epsilon stakeholders.
- Managing teams (including direct, indirect and matrixed) and project timelines for build and manage environments.
- Must be able to lead a team supporting one or more clients.
- Research and propose cost effective marketing technology solutions to address business challenges such as improvement of development, processes and governance standards.
- Participate in new business development opportunities by contributing to pricing and solution design.
- Provide technology delivery leadership in the organization.
- Performing resource management, forecasting, leadership, and teambuilding.
- Provide guidance to client service team on technical capabilities, staffing and infrastructure needs. Proactively identify and address project risks.
- Empower and guide team through the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Enforce operational excellence and compliance.
- Managing the quality and timeliness of update and deliverables.
- Ensure that production procedure, change management, documentation and control are followed and continuously enhanced.
- Serve as first-line of escalation from the project delivery teams on major operations issues and delivery challenges.
- Meet with external clients to review account performance, resolve delivery issues and plan future phases of work.
- Manage career paths by coaching and mentoring direct and indirect reports. Contribute to design and continue improvement of our marketing platforms.
- Strong client interfacing background required
- Ideally some experience in a consulting role from sales and systems integration perspective
- Proven ability to mentor reports and team members
- Ability to communicate complex marketing technology concepts to marketers
- 10+ years’ experience with software implementation from requirement through design, development and client acceptance
- 10+ years’ experience in relational databases, application design and support
- Strong knowledge of deploying and managing systems in public cloud such as AWS that can scale on demand
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of between 20+ individuals distributed over multiple locations in different time zones
- Working knowledge of data integration, reporting & insights (Tableau, Business Objects…), marketing tool stack (Adobe, IBM, Oracle, Salesforce/ExactTarget) and/or CRM databases and loyalty engines
- Experience with multiple relational and/or no-SQL platforms (Oracle, Netezza, Cassandra etc.)
- Ability to handle program management across multiple concurrent initiatives
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top