Senior DevOps Engineer
Partner with internal Epsilon delivery teams for AWS and internal platform operations to configure, deploy, and automate cloud infrastructure and application processes in support of client solutions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create AWS cloud based and traditional infrastructure solutions as well as custom applications through automated scripts
- Create, maintain and implement configuration management scripts
- Automate and run Build and Deploy processes
- Troubleshoot and fix configuration issues in accordance with published SLA expectations and Document/communicate the resolution notes to other team members
- This position will also coordinate with a broad range of internal stakeholders, including; development teams, architects, and QA Teams to validate configuration with industry standard best practices before they are placed into production.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for, and delivering new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science
- 6 years of Development experience using Linux/Microsoft technology and 3 years in Automation/ Deployment
- Solid experience with Cloud and virtualization based technologies Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with automation tools Jenkins and Chef as well as general scripting.
- Experience with CI/CD setup
- Working knowledge with a database system such as MsSQL/Oracle and NoSQL/Mongo.
- Experience with configuring databases to support various activities related to the system
- Experience with Web Hosting cores such as IIS/Apache/nginx.
- Migrating experience with existing on-premises application to AWS.
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Working knowledge of web application architectures
- Document the environment details, Deployment Diagrams, and network topologies.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the organization goals.
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues.
- AWS Instance Creation (EC2), Configuration, and Maintenance.
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) setup and maintenance.
- Experience in AWS Security Groups, Routing Tables, Subnets, EBS, Cloud Front, S3, IAM Roles and Policies, Cloud Watch, SNS, SQS, Elastic Load Balancers, SSL Certs, and Auto Scaling Groups.
- Implement Customer Gateways and integrate with AWS cloud.
- Disaster Recovery preparedness with multi-zone and/or multi-region options.
- Automating AWS tasks using AWS tools, SDKs, cloud formation scripts, command line tools.
- Infrastructure and Application monitoring across production and non-production platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Servers and Linux Systems.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome challenges
- Self-motivated and directed
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
About Epsilon Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. An Alliance Data* compnay, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visitwww.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Back to top