Senior Database Developer
- Wheaton, IL
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that's built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon's award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world's top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon's Automotive is a business unit of Epsilon and Publicis. It brings together data, decisioning and channel activation into an end-to-end automotive lifecycle marketing platform tailored specifically for dealers and auto manufacturers. Epsilon's Automotive currently works with seven of the top ten global auto manufacturers helping clients align the customer, vehicle and dealer across channels and at worldwide scale.
The Senior Software Engineer will use his or her strong hands-on expertise in Object Oriented programming, Python, PL/SQL, Oracle Databases, Linux scripting, and API technologies to revolutionize Epsilon's Automotive Platform from one that is heavily driven by Shell scripting into a new system that is built on modern API and objected oriented principles. This will allow to offer high performance and scalable software services that are simpler to maintain, reuse, and upgrade to adapt to the continually changing business needs.
The successful candidate will partner with the product and the development teams to leverage the vast library of Unix scripts at the heart of Epsilon's Automotive Platform and build new API and Python based applications, software services and functionality that drive our very large and big data oracle databases and ensure best practices for high performance, high scalability and high availability. This individual will also enhance and automate the system configuration and event processing components to ensure optimum performance.
Additionally, the right candidate will have strong experience in architecture and a proven track record in programming and software development including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, and quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- Deep hands on experience in Oracle database architecture design and development.
- Strong specialization or substantial project work in API design, Python object-oriented programming, Oracle database design, SQL, Linux and Shell scripting.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing and scalability principles.
- Expertise in custom python-based framework, messaging applications, C++ components, data warehouse integration, SQL, and Linux environment.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and techniques to tune software for maximum performance
- Experienced with ETL tools including Informatica, Pentaho PDI along with some exposure to Change DataCapture tools such as HVR or Oracle Golden Gate.
- Awareness of data security, PII rules and legislation including GDRP and CCPA.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work well within agile scrum environment and within tight deadlines.
- 5+ years enterprise level relational database experience with Oracle in large scale OLTP environments
- Exposure to SQL Server, PostgreSQL or MySQL experience highly desirable
- Experience driving database architecture design including data warehousing and data lakes (star schema, snowflake schema, SCD etc...)
- Experience with database scaling including logical and physical partitioning, database sharing and high availability.
- Experience with ETL tools and Change Data Capture.
- Solid experience in using design patterns, distributed paradigms, modeling techniques such as UML.
- Experience leading development teams and providing technical direction and leadership.
- The ideal candidate will be deadline focused, detail oriented, well organized and self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Back to top