Senior BSA (Project)
About the Opportunity
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will contribute to, produce and manage client deliverables relative to our multi-channel marketing engagements, serving as a liaison between client staff and internal Epsilon technical delivery teams. The Business Systems Analyst will work closely with account team leads to ensure accurate and timely delivery of account deliverables, with a focus on defining new campaigns/reports and executing existing client campaigns and reports.
- Analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements
- Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements
- Designs details of automated systems
- Provides details to developers regarding what should be included in the software, application, or product to ensure it is included for client roll-out/implementation
- May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems
- May lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions
- May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions
- Measures current skills and knowledge against competencies needed for continuing success and to meet future needs.
- Is effective working with local, remote and global team members.
- Is a trusted teammate
- Seeks clarity over ambiguity; strives to be articulate and consistently communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner for written and verbal communications.
- Able to assemble, analyze and evaluate data and be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business, its marketing objectives, and internal project teams
- Able to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders, and select a course of action
- Able to clearly communicate and articulate, both written and verbally, detailed specifications (e.g., project requirements, requested changes, and testing results)
- Able to create and update specs/documents, and assess completeness of requirements information received
- Able to develop and maintain relationships within the organization and/or with external partners, and understand the unique needs of each partnership
- Able to document information effectively through databases, knowledge warehouses, and other shared space
- Able to properly interpret customer marketing needs, and translate into understandable written campaign requirements
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced and often changing environment
- As needed, able to serve as a liaison between: developers and users, clients and companies, and management and IT
- May need to demonstrate a strong technical platitude, and understand both business and technical language and ideas
- Strong drive and initiative, and sense of personal accountability
- Strong knowledge of the industry
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills in order to move toward a project's successful completion
- Strong campaign queue management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Able to mentor and train less experienced peers
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and coordinate the marketing campaign and reporting processes and associated tasks such as requirements, functional specification and other client documentation
- Support and coordinate System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing, and associated activities such as test plan, test cases and test execution as related to marketing campaigns and reporting, including campaign tests, waterfall review, T-tests and user acceptance testing
- Support production staff and client end users in the use of the overall client solution with a focus on marketing campaigns and reporting
- Act as a BSA client contact
- Act as a solution advocate for client brand level marketing initiatives
- Support and coordinate Change Management initiatives
- Support and coordinate Issue Management events from identification through resolution
- Solid understanding of Relational Database Management Systems
- The ability to create technical documentation (including Visio documentation of specific business functions) required
- Proficiency of 1 campaign management/execution tools (IBM Campaign, Adobe Campaign, RedPoint, Momentum, Bonus etc.) is a plus
- Strong in SQL and able to navigate a client database solution to support campaign execution and testing
- Experience in CRM or Loyalty marketing technologies
- Working knowledge of 1 Business Intelligence tool (e.g., Business Objects, Cognos, Microstrategy, Microsoft Reporting/Analysis Services) is a plus
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
About Epsilon Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. An Alliance Data* company, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visitwww.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Back to top