Security Operations Intern
The Shared Technology Service (STS) group at Epsilon is seeking a Security Operations Intern who will support Epsilon’s commitment to data security. The Security Operations Intern will help manage efforts on both our “active defense” & “vulnerability defense” teams in order to respond to active security threats while investigating & suggesting process improvements for potential alerts. The Security Operations Intern will work with internal stakeholders to see the “big picture” of Epsilon’s security needs while managing projects individually.
- Respond to security alert & real-work threats to Epsilon netwroks & systems
- Build security alert signatures in our Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM) tool
- Support out Security Operations Center (SOC) in handling threats & attacks
- Administer new generation security tools such as Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Advanced Persistent Threat (APT), & Web Proxies
- Participate in security incident investigations
- Automate manual Microsoft XML tables into format report templates & macros
- Candidate for BS/MS degree with a technical focus
- Desire to learn security practices, techniques, & support in security incident response activities
- Experience with some of the following: SQL, C, HTML, Python, Java, Ruby on Rails
- A highly organized self-starter with good attention to detail
- Team player, able to work well with professionals at all levels
- Strong, effective communicator skilled in written & verbal communication
- Able to take abstract direction and program scripts in C, HTML, and Python.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top