Epsilon Health Relationship Manager
About Epsilon Health
Epsilon Health operates as a unit within Epsilon, providing market-specific expertise and knowledge for its healthcare clients across insurance, pharma, medical devices, retail and life sciences.
Epsilon Health helps clients significantly improve business outcomes by fusing together rich data, analytics, creativity and technology to deliver personalized marketing communications that drive authentic engagement. With highly targeted and relevant marketing campaigns that connect emotionally to consumers, Epsilon Health helps clients significantly improve healthcare experiences through informed choice. This allows consumers to reach the correct healthcare decisions resulting in better patient outcomes.
Epsilon Health is looking for a Relationship Manager – responsible for the overall leadership of specified client relationships/businesses including the development of strategic plans, overseeing the execution of plans and program elements, and financial management.
- The Relationship Manager is expected to lead the business independently, from the highest level of strategic planning to the execution and implementation of those marketing plans.
- The Relationship Manager strives to add value to the client’s business, thereby making himself/herself an invaluable member of the client’s business team.
- The Relationship Manager is the team leader, responsible for motivating his/her team, addressing areas of need, and ensuring the highest possible quality of work generated by the team.
- The Relationship Manager is responsible for profitably building the business on which he/she works, by identifying new project and business opportunities.
The responsibilities for the Relationship Manager fall into the following categories:
Collaboration and Consultation
- Know your client. Work collaboratively with them and their agencies to ensure the best strategies and integrated plans possible.
- Lead your client. Constantly educate your client in the areas of promotional, digital and shopper marketing. Provide a point of view and recommendation on a plan/course of action. Be a go-to source for advice and council.
- Extend your client relationships. Understand the core competencies to cross sell and expand Epsilon’s sphere of influence within the client organization.
- Develop annual account plans for all assigned accounts
- Formulate account specific service tactics, utilizing team orientation in support of the account plan
- Direct the team’s account service effort
- Ensure service levels and tactics are keeping with strategic goals
- Monitor and direct expansion of management relationships
- Develop the account relationships for long-term association
- Point of contact for new client initiatives. Define, clarify and focus direction.
- Lead the development of any long-term account or related industry strategy
- Look to develop client relationships at the senior level
- Proactively grow client business
- Develop, investigate and initiate project opportunities; guide team to ensure flawless execution
- Communicate the client request to the appropriate agency departments and individuals. Develop a close and effective working relationship with all internal teams (eg creative, production, etc).
- Define and communicate timing and budget
- Shape concepts into programs
- Write or direct the writing of creative options and/or execution plans
- Coordinate creative efforts
- Participate in and lead account presentations
- Follow-up and where needed, act directly to ensure client satisfaction
- Provide continuous contact communication with the client, across appropriate levels, as well as with internal management
Financial Acumen and Management
- Responsible for the financial contributions of multiple clients businesses (if applicable) including revenue, resource allocation/expenses, invoicing, collecting bad debt, margin improvement, contract negotiations/development
- Deliver on preset gross profit objectives
- Coordinate project estimates internally and gain client approval on pricing
- Manage internal project costs against budgets
Successful Relationship Managers set the standards in these areas:
- Strategic Thinking – Provide a thorough knowledge of strategic dynamics across multiple business categories and situations so as to represent solid thought leadership to clients. The Relationship Manager provides insights and strategic direction for individual teams, giving parameters from which to approach assignments and develop strategic plans and a point of view/recommendations, using analytic skills and all available data tools. The Relationship Manager fosters the organization’s point-of-difference as leaders in strategic thinking and out-of-the-box problem solving in relation to the industry and client’s expectations.
- Concept Champion – Lead the concept development component within the group and champion ideas, approaches and opportunities both internally and with clients. The Relationship Manager needs to challenge the team to think differently about their respective businesses and to provide the ability to work with the team to identify, cultivate and fully develop sound concepts that meet/exceed the business and client’s objectives.
- Team Leadership – Bring resources together to collectively work against a client’s business objective. They must be strong team builders who foster camaraderie in a positive, nurturing environment. The Relationship Manager coaches, mentors and teaches as they demonstrate the ability to grow businesses, careers and the organization’s bottom line.
- Communication – The RM will lead many of the day to day communication, at multiple levels. There is at times ambiguity and inconsistencies where a high degree of client focus and service will be required. Communication will happen at many levels from analyst to VP and will require the RM to tailor his/her communication to these levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA Preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the Healthcare industry, Marketing Regulations and Practices; Direct Experience preferred
- High degree of Client Services demeanor. There is NO problem that cannot be solved.
- The ability to meet or exceed client expectations in the area of account management, industry/category/brand knowledge with a good understanding of industry channels and market conditions
- The ability to drive and/or assist in the steps necessary to get various programs launched. Possess strong strategic planning, project management, communication and executional skills.
- Should have high standards, a strong work ethic and be able to function autonomously, while retaining team membership and spirit.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, ambiguity and conflict with a patient and steely resolve
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top