QA Analyst 2
The QA Analyst is responsible for developing, executing, and documenting system tests on all new or changed functionality. The QA Analyst will engage in a variety of activities including analyzing requirements and design documents, creating test cases and tracking defects. In addition, the QA Analyst works with the data analysts, developers and Business Analysts to ensure that the structured development methodology is followed throughout the development life cycle. Communication in a number of areas is essential for this position.
Staying well informed of software development and quality assurance trends is a part of this position. Examples are: QA process definition, testing techniques/methodology, business analysis/requirements, and software testing products.
- Responsible for system testing (integration and functional) the solution before release to production, including submission of appropriately documented test cases.
- Plan, develop, execute and maintain system Front-End and Back-End test cases according to project schedules.
- Set-up, execute and maintain complex back-end data scenarios for data reporting and file creation/data transfer validation.
- Document, analyze, maintain, and track defects for testing.
- Summarizes testing and validation results and communicates with project team members regarding status.
- Communicate status and issues in a concise and timely manner to Project manager or team lead.
- May participate in initiatives to identify and implement tools and utilities that enhance testing capabilities and product quality. Identifies opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs
- Work closely with the Business Analysts, formulating test plans and prioritizing tasks to be tested.
- Develop positive working relationships with the business organization and IT including the business analysts, project managers, and developers to ensure that testing solutions and requirements for their projects are delivered correctly and on time.
- Understand the ever-changing business environment and the idiosyncrasies of each business unit.
- Support Aspen Marketing Service’s Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to ensure a high level of system readiness prior to implementation into the production environment.
- Maintain awareness of software developments and trends in testing methodology and recommend how they might be used to enhance productivity.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in a QA role and knowledge of QA methodology.
- Moderate to high SQL skills and knowledge of relational database required. Able to verify heavy data movement through numerous tables.
- Ability to utilize standardized testing tools. VSTS Test Manager preferred.
- Content expertise in the planning and execution of software testing, including hands-on testing and process improvement experience. Experience with applying multiple test methodologies.
- Ability to understand large complex systems of diverse technologies and functions
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Good organizational skills are necessary to meet objectives and complete testing responsibilities according to the defined project schedule and to report the results effectively.
- Highly articulate in both oral and written communication.
- Candidate should be a team player yet an aggressive self-starter with a strong commitment to his/her career.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top