Epsilon is seeking an experienced Director, Privacy Counsel in privacy and data to actively handle a broad range of data protection issues across the business. This attorney will be responsible for advising business leaders across the organization on privacy issues involving data analytics, mobile advertising and data services. The position will report to the Chief Privacy Officer.
- Provides analysis and counseling on international and domestic privacy laws, regulations, and industry best practices, including CAN-SPAM/CASL, HIPAA, TCPA, FCRA and GLBA in connection with marketing and agency services.
- Work with legal team to negotiate, draft and review privacy provisions of domestic and international client (MSAs, SOWs) and vendor services agreements and updating standardized legal agreements
- Draft and counsel on consumer-facing disclosures, including privacy policies and other educational materials to increase transparency and trust.
- Partner with internal key stakeholders—Security, Legal, Operations, Internal Audit, etc.— to review all aspects of Epsilon’s business to enable privacy protections.
- Track national and international privacy developments to determine applicability and impact of privacy legislation and work with public relations and outside counsel to respond to regulatory and legislative bodies and trade orgs.
- Oversee U.S. – EU Privacy Shield Framework compliance and annual self-certification compliance as well as data transfers in accordance with EU Directive and supporting national legislation.
- J.D. from accredited law school
- Licensed to practice
- Minimum 4 years of corporate experience with a law firm or corporate legal department
- Knowledge of data privacy laws and related issues and policies
- Aptitude for detail and high degree of organization
- Procurement / purchasing negotiating experience a plus
- A general technology understanding or related background a plus
- Proficient with basic Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook)
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
- Ability to analyze complex issues and advise internal business partners appropriately
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) accreditation preferred
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top