Principal DevOps Engineer
- Work on our automation suites for deployment using Java, Ansible, Unix scripting or other tools
- Adhere to Epsilon Change control procedures
- Develop and implement deployment checklist and process improvements
- Maintain App configurations for all environments
- Define monitoring requirements for the apps
- Provide initial troubleshooting support
- Provide support for performance tuning
- Keep current with technology, tools, and automation best practices
- Develop solutions to difficult problems, which may require ingenuity and creativity. Provide sound decision making for software engineering and product development, sensitive to the constraints and needs of the business
- Fundamental knowledge of servers/computers hardware and software
- Fundamental knowledge of Load balancers, firewalls, TCP/IP protocols
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, including with UNIX scripting
- Experience with programming languages like Python, C, C++, Java, Perl or PHP
- Experience with Jenkins and Hudson to build packages and get it deployed
- Configuring , setting up and tuning of JBOSS, Apache, HAproxy servers or equivalent
- Experience with performance tuning (JVM, JMX, connection pooling)
- Experience using jconsole or similar profiling tools
- Familiarity with source control systems
- Excellent problem solving skills with a desire to take on responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
Nice to Have:
- Virtualization and strong networking knowledge
- Experience working in the cloud computing industry
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with automation using Chef, Puppet or similar configuration management software
- HA and disaster recovery planning
- Clustering technologies
- Familiarity with concepts of Messaging using JMS
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top