Qualifications & Responsibilities
Epsilon is looking for a Principal Software Developer to join its Agility Harmony team. Harmony is a platform for authoring digital marketing campaigns for many of the largest companies in the world, delivering millions of messages a day. The ideal candidate is someone who loves writing code, building great applications and wants to work with a team that treats each other with respect and challenges you to be better.
• Can write Spring 4 beans and Hibernate or JPA data objects.
• Knows Spring bean scopes and when to use them.
• Writes JUnit test cases.
• Can develop SOA services.
• Can develop RESTFul API endpoints containing JSON.
• Able to identify and fix defective, poor performing or non-scalable code.
• Knows how to develop and debug AOP injected code.
• Understands software security practices including user authentication and authorization, data validation and an understanding of common DOS and SQL injection techniques.
• Is familiar with profiling, code coverage, logging, common IDE’s and other development tools.
• Demonstrates good judgment, creativity, and ingenuity in proposed technical solutions
• Coordinates work across teams to build seamless features.
• Knows how to use Git or wants to learn.
• Can write design specifications and use appropriate charts and diagrams to illustrate your ideas.
• Can perform code reviews, providing positive and constructive feedback as well as accept feedback about your own code.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or have equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of development experience in Java, J2EE technologies.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top