Principal Art Director
High-level Art Director able to manage other direct reports. Extensive knowledge of Automotive Marketing, Advertising and CRM Marketing. A mastery of creating materials for marketing campaigns including; Direct Mail, Email, Collateral, Point-Of-Sale, Digital Pages for Web and Microsites and Large Format/Display/Trade Show Design.
Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others. Requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience. Experience with creative agencies/prof.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Good sense of aesthetic when selecting stock photography and illustrated art.
- Hands-on understanding of multipage, multi-product materials, promotional print materials, catalog, direct mail and the fundamental principles of digital marketing.
- Able to work with Copywriters, provide feedback and brainstorm ideas.
- Refined skills of typography and graphic design skills, practicing knowledge of information design.
- Knowledge of direct marketing tactics (e.g., postal regulations, personalization, direct mail formats, cost-effective/ saving ideas).
- Knowledge of industry relevant multimedia software/programs.
- Able to produce independently solid concepts and to contribute to the thought process, under the direction of the ACD or CD.
- Able to consistently think strategically, leverages the Creative Strategy Brief with every project, and able to ensures team is following brief consistently.
- Superior knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Develops and designs the aesthetics, visual design and/or layout of (generalize) to enhance product image.
- Collaborates with project teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects.
- May manage external sources relating to design issues.
- Maintains stewardship of client’s look, tone and feel.
- Prepares materials from client presentation through studio hand off.
- Creates a range of ideas and designs to ensure the art direction and visual presentation supports the concepts.
- Partners with copywriters to develop ideas that are on-brief and on-strategy.
- Partners with Account team to solve problems.
- May work with pre-media on color correction and photo retouching.
- May provide direction to photographers and stylists on photo and video shoots.
- May help suggest specs for handoff.
- May manage multiple projects and/or mentor less experienced peers.
- Maintains file-management, using consistent naming conventions and procedures.
- May be responsible for maintaining budget parameters.
- May be responsible for client relationships.
- Understanding of digital technology, Flash, HTML, and how to use it to enhance the creative idea. Alert to social, mobile and developing technologies.
- Highly conceptual thinker, able to partner with creative team to develop and guide idea generation.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Able to begin building strong client relationships via status calls and presentations.
- Able to sell and defend work.
- Able to manage multiple projects at once and respective timelines.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top