Manager, Software Engineering (Java)
We are looking for Software Engineering Manager to work on groundbreaking multichannel SaaS Digital Marketing Platform that focuses on uniquely identify the customer's patterns, effectively interact with them across channels and achieve a positive return on marketing investment (ROMI). The platform helps consolidate and integrates the features and functionality typically found in stand-alone services and channel-specific messaging platforms to give marketers a tightly integrated, easily orchestrated, insights-driven, cross channel marketing capability.
Primary role of the Software Engineering Manager is to envision and build internet scale services on Cloud using OSS and distributed technologies.
- Lead software engineers and provide technical coaching, mentoring teammates and manage project timelines.
- Perform and manage development in a high volume, multi-tiered, transactional environment.
- Efficiently and effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical internal team members as well as third party client stakeholders.
- As needed, gather requirements and analyze, understand and translate those requirements into technical specifications.
- Write technical specifications, participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations where necessary.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Participate in code reviews and acceptance process in order to improve methodology and delivery.
- Perform unit testing and identify, troubleshoot and solve code-related issues as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science
- 11 years' experience in Core Java and Enterprise Java Technologies (J2EE technologies (JSP, Servlets, Java scripts, JPA and Web/UI technologies))
- Experience with Agile development methodologies is required - Agile Scrum. This role will lead a sprint team and the manager must manage the stories and task breakdowns for all development work.
- Product Development experience
- Solid Experience in the following technologies
- Big Data Ecosystems: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- machine learning, MLlib, Spark, Python
- Streaming and Batch Analytics processes
- Experience in open source frameworks like Spring IO, Spring MVC, Spring Hibernate, Spring Boot
- Experience in following Tools: Eclipse, Maven, Gradle, DB tools, Bitbucket/JIRA/Confluence
- Experience with the following Application Servers: Apache Tomcat 6.x, Jboss 4.0
- Can develop SOA services and good knowledge of REST API and Micro service architectures
- Solid knowledge of web architectural and design patterns
- Solid understanding of software security practices including user authentication and authorization, data validation and an understanding of common DOS and SQL injection techniques.
- Experience with profiling, code coverage, logging, common IDE's and other development tools.
- Strong skills in writing SQL queries (Oracle/SQL Server/Warehouse/NoSQL).
- Behavioral Attributes:
- Team player with excellent interpersonal collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome challenges with high energy levels
- Self-motivated, directed and passionate
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies - SCRUM and Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interface with Business, Analytics and IT organizations
- Ability to identify non-obvious solutions to complex problems
- Java Certifications
- Technical knowledge of SQL and data analysis with relational database modeling principles and techniques
- Good knowledge of Data Technologies in the Cloud such as AWS services of compute, storage, messaging, RDS/Redshift or Snowflake
- Basic UNIX/Linux knowledge/exposure is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of data warehousing & Analytics concepts
- Nice to have proven expertise in ETL/ELT tooling such as Pentaho, Integration Services, Informatica, Data Pipeline, Glue
- Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly
- Strong time management skills with accountability
- Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant®, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ AffiliateTM, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. An Alliance Data® company, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Back to top