SENIOR DIRECTOR, LEGAL COUNSEL
Based in Putney, Greater London
Epsilon™ and Conversant™ are global leaders in creating customer connections that build brand and business equity. A new breed of marketing for a consumer empowered world, our unique approach harnesses the power of rich data, world-leading technologies, engaging creativity and transformative ideas to ignite connections between brands and customers, delivering dramatic results.
Recognised by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM / Direct Marketing Network, #1 US Agency from all disciplines and #2 US Digital Agency Network.
We employ 5000+ Associates in 60 offices worldwide.
Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more info go to epsilon.com
MAIN PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
The primary responsibility of the Senior Director, Legal Counsel will be to advise on legal and risk related activities for Epsilon and Conversant’s European affiliated companies with particular focus on commercial transactions. The Senior Director, Legal Counsel will have the fully-dedicated support of a Legal Executive and Contracts Specialist and will be a member of the Company’s legal department.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Drafting and negotiation of advertising, sponsorship, agency, marketing, technology, supplier, purchasing and other commercial agreements.
- Supporting senior colleagues in negotiation of complex, high value, and cross-border service agreements.
- Conducting, summarizing and presenting legal research in a succinct manner for the benefit of various stakeholders throughout the company, including the European executive team.
- Ad hoc involvement in pre-action litigation and employment matters.
- Provide advice on legal and regulatory risks associated with product development and services.
- Cultivating and maintaining a partnership with internal stakeholders.
- Operate as part of a local and international team of legal professionals to support business requirements and growth.
- Liaise with the various company teams including client-facing account teams, technology teams, vendor management, and compliance.
- Coordinate with Company’s Chief Privacy Officer in administering the Company’s privacy policies and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Qualified commercial lawyer (Civil or Common law) with at least 5 years post-qualification experience (PQE) at a major law firm or in-house, ideally with previous exposure to the technology sector and sound knowledge of data and privacy laws and related issues.
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of complex structured transactions and concepts.
- Honed research, interpretation and presentation skills.
- Team player who can also work autonomously in exercising sound judgment, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to field requests and prioritise responses.
- Motivated, confident, proactive and resilient.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task agreements in various stages of negotiation.
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines in an organised and disciplined manner.
- Ability to identify and present training to the business on relevant legal issues.
- French, German and/or Spanish language proficiencies.
- Strong understanding of European privacy and data laws, rules and regulations.
We offer an excellent work environment, great benefits and pay!
Please apply if you are interested.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Ranked the #1 Agency by the Hub Magazine, Catapult is the integrated behavior-based marketing services agency that delivers accelerated business growth through the Art of Conversion™. This unique data-driven approach identifies the core, actionable insights that inspire brilliant creative with the power to convert consumers into shoppers, shoppers into buyers, and buyers into loyal advocates. Headquartered in Westport, CT, Catapult leverages the expertise of more than 300 employees across 11 offices in major retailer geographies including Minneapolis, Bentonville, Chicago, Dallas, Cincinnati, Nashville, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Seattle and Tampa. Catapult is an Epsilon brand. For more information: http://www.catapultmarketing.com/, follow on Twitter @CatapultMktg or call 1.203.682.4000.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top