Director, Technology is a hands-on position. The role is responsible for the technical direction and ongoing support of database platforms and processes in the Mid-Market group. Directors must possess solid experience in large scale database technology, relational database design and implementation, SDLC, and ETL technologies. Written and presentation abilities to collaborate with business management, as well as detailed understanding of technologies and troubleshooting skills are required. This role reports to Sr. Director, Technology, and has management responsibilities for the development staff.
- Provide technical leadership in the Mid-Market group, including Tech Lead function for selected clients.
- Lead and grow a competent development team through effective hiring, training, goal-setting, coaching, and performance evaluations.
- Ensure sufficient support for Mid-Market clients, in terms of shared platform capacity, and staff skills/allocation.
- Identify and lead improvements in Mid-Market platforms. Assist management with technology direction, research, scoping, pricing.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with both technical and business staff, internally and externally. Synthesize relevant information on key milestones, success criteria, and risks to management. Escalate critical issues appropriately.
- Establish, document, and enforce Mid-Market development standards that comply with Epsilon policies and security requirements.
- Oversee, lead, or participate in projects, performing specific functions as needed (project management, platform architecture, resource allocation, development, etc.).
- Assist with, or perform complex software development and troubleshooting as needed.
- Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot underlying technologies in use by our group, both internal and third-party.
- 7+ years experience in relational database design, ETL, data warehousing, SDLC, CRM, Data Quality.
- Extensive Database Marketing industry experience, business concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams of several individuals (direct reporting).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead projects, architect systems, and guide staff.
- Ability to professionally communicate with customers and management, explain advanced technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- 7+ years experience with database implementations from requirements through design, development and client acceptance.
- OS/Application experience: Windows, ETL tool sets, scripting or programming languages.
- RDBMS environment: SQL Server, Oracle.
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify and research issues, followed by recommendation and implementation of efficient solutions.
- Ability to learn quickly and rapidly establish expertise with the technologies supporting our client base.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top