The Lead Developer will focus on developing, enhancing and supporting Epsilon marketing software applications.
- Undertake highly complex application development projects involving multiple disciplines that may impact multiple facets of the business
- Deliver robust high volume client-server and web-based production applications using, Perl, Java, C++, SQL and UNIX
- Implement new information technology solutions by analyzing, coding, testing and implementing new software applications and by modifying existing software applications
- Design system processes and produce design specifications that will enable the development team to precisely and efficiently implement the system design
- Perform highly complex analyses of system requirements and business processes of information systems
- Coordinate with business analysts and users to determine requirements
- Interact with the Project Manager and client representatives to clarify business rules as outlined in the business requirements document
- Support functional personnel in the requirements analysis process including translation of functional requirements and design to technical requirements and design
- Validate technical capabilities and requirements prior to final release phases and manage all software fix and release processes
- Document all work and facilitate transfer of ongoing operational responsibility to the production team
- Lead design code review sessions, prototypes and demonstrations with technical team and client community to establish the requirements and technical design staff
- Coordinate and lead post-mortem discussions with development teams and business stakeholders to review releases in order to improve methodology and delivery
- Adhere to production standards in all work products and participate in the refinement of those standards to improve quality and productivity
- Present, communicate and articulate technical processes effectively to all levels of the organization (including technical and non-technical audiences)
- Lead training and adoption of key processes, methodologies and tools
- Develop process and coding standards and provide feedback related to product integration
- Develop re-useable infrastructure components and application templates based on project experience
- Develop designs that align with architecture strategy and resolve technical/design conflicts as they occur
- Work with customers and technical staff to resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Review systems under development and related documentation
- Provide strategic direction for current and future release functionality
- Lead advanced systems planning, scheduling and implementation
- Provide technical leadership to the development team for the assigned applications and/or technical assets
- Mentor and foster growth of peers and team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable with the ability to learn quickly
- Able to work well individually and/or part of a team
- 7+ years of job related application programming experience in most if not all of the following areas: JAVA, PERL, .NET, UNIX scripting, C/C++/C#, PL/SQL, Oracle, T-SQL, Sybase
- Experience with spearheading design and creation of user interfaces and backend application components
- Experience with multi-threaded parallel system application components
- Experience with build and test automation tools and practices
- Experience with multi-tier architectures
- Experience building metadata driven front-end applications
- Experience with software development processes and methodology
- Familiarity with ETL concepts and tools
- Data warehousing experience preferably relating to marketing databases is a plus
- Strong knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database design and database management
- Experience with Very Large Database (VLDB) is a plus
- Knowledge of UML
- Experience with database marketing, marketing automation, email marketing or related fields is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience working on-site in a government facility a plus
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top