Group Creative Director
Qualifications & Responsibilities
Group Creative Director
Epsilon is the industry’s leading marketing services firm, with a broad array of data-driven, multichannel marketing solutions that leverage consumer insight to help brands deepen their relationships with customers. Services include strategic consulting, acquisition and customer database technologies, loyalty management, proprietary data, predictive modeling and a full range of direct and digital agency services, including creative, interactive web design, email deployment, search engine optimization and direct mail production. In addition, Epsilon is the world’s largest permission-based email marketer. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
About the Opportunity
Life is short. Work somewhere awesome.
Are you creative to the core?
Do you find inspiration in even the most mundane situations?
Can you find the creative solution to any business problem?
Is marketing something you’re sincerely passionate about?
If your answers are a resounding, “YES!” then come be a part of our world.
We pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming culture, a no drama policy, and clients that we can be proud of. We encourage you to flex your creative muscles, stay positive, and consistently push yourself to do more, be more and bring more. Oh, and work-life balance is important to us as well.
Epsilon is in need of another great Creative Director who finds inspiration across all channels and industries, while executing with a refined aesthetic that allows for clean, elegant, and contemporary design work. Being consistently brilliant will help us meet the growing needs of our fun office and national clients.
We’re looking for a creative, strategic person who is comfortable with pushing boundaries, while understanding how to impact a business’ challenge and drive consumers to act. We want you hungry for the industry and ready to inspire others.
Does this sound like you? Read on.
- Oversee and work with teams to develop outstanding creative concepts (copywriters, art directors, account service, and strategists)
- Creates and directs a wide range of ideas/designs to ensure the creative execution supports the brand strategy
- Steward of the client’s look, tone, and feel
- May oversee the creation of the brand style and brand voice guide
- Oversees the quality of the creative materials from client presentation through final production
- Manages and grow both the creative/marketing services teams considering training, advancement, and inspiration
- Upholds agency’s creative standards while continually seeking new resources in the areas of talent, ideas, and services
- Collaborates with account and insight teams on creative briefs and marketing strategies
- Defines and evolves the creative process, and ensures successful process are developed and followed
- Optimizes the process to meet client needs
- Consistently interacts with clients throughout all phases of design, branding, strategizing, etc
- Presents to clients and/or internal groups as needed
- May manage and approve (or delegate) freelance resources as needed, within established freelance budgets
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function
- Manages career paths by coaching and mentoring direct and indirect reports
- Holds associates accountable for their work by setting expectations, achieving commitments, providing feedback, and evaluating effectiveness
- Provides technical leadership in the organization
- Manages staff (including direct, indirect, and matrixed) and project timelines
- Escalates critical issues to senior leadership appropriately
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent ability to direct Copywriters, provide feedback and brainstorm ideas
- Excellent sense of aesthetic when selecting photography and illustration
- Excellent typography and graphic design skills, practicing knowledge of information design
- In-depth understanding of digital and multi-page, multi-product materials, promotional print
materials, catalog, direct mail
- Knowledge of direct marketing tactics (e.g., postal regulations, personalization, direct mail
formats, cost-effective/ saving ideas etc.)
- Strong knowledge of post-production
- Excellent photo art direction skills
- Able to lead a team of people to produce copy and develop breakthrough ideas that are on target and follow clients’ strategy
- Able to communicate effectively with direct manager and upper management, and synthesize relevant information on key milestones, success criteria, and risks
- Able to lead team without direct supervision
- Able to solve complex problems and issues
- Able to recognize and manage new business opportunities
- Able to interact with customers, coach analysts and developers, and influence peers and management
- Able to learn quickly and rapidly establish expertise with the company standard and client-specific solutions
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops original creative concepts and approaches
- Develops original design concepts and oversees project design from concept through execution
- Possesses a keen understanding of various channel, including digital, social, digital, direct mail, email etc. and can think both strategically and aesthetically
- Possesses strong conceptual skills that add substance and value to the work beyond the visual, and can communicate ideas and design rationale to other members of the creative or account management teams.
- Works efficiently while being adaptable to shifting needs at a quick pace, balancing several distinct initiatives at any given time.
- Provides exceptional work in short timeframes, manages time efficiently while multi-tasking across different projects.
- Designs according to basic brand guidelines, yet able to evolve them and contribute to keeping ‘stakeholders’ intrigued.
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator
- Online portfolio or PDF portfolio for initial review
- Strong organizational skills, knowledge of visual storytelling, refined aesthetic use of typography, iconography, color theory, proportion and layout for print, email, online, mobile, tablets (and basic understanding of production methods associated with each)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a related field
- Significant leadership experience required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top