Financial Systems Manager – Business Intelligence
The Financial Systems team is looking for an individual with proven experience leading and supporting business intelligence (BI) initiatives in a fast-paced environment. This individual should be comfortable with the technical architecture and the front-end development of reporting solutions including Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) and Essbase. This role will directly support BI solutions within the group which will require accurate interpretation of business requirements, driving adoption of systems, and report and dashboard development. This team member should feel comfortable leading and having responsibility for the delivery of new initiatives but also diving into report development tasks. This role will require a highly motivated individual who is comfortable adapting to changing business requirements and working with cross-functional teams. It is essential to be well organized, detail-oriented, and a clear communicator in order to execute successfully on multiple tasks at once.
The Financial Systems team at Epsilon is responsible for the implementation of new technology and the support of existing solutions and processes that impact the Finance organization at Epsilon. This role will report to the Director of Financial Systems at Epsilon
Works closely with: Epsilon FP&A and Accounting, ADS FP&A, IT, and Accounting
- Oversee all aspects of the Oracle Business Intelligence platform at Epsilon
- Develop, troubleshoot, and deploy reporting and custom dashboards for users
- Drive adoption of BI and reporting solutions
- Drive the development of dashboards, scorecards, and reporting utilizing multiple data sources and reporting tools
- Lead development team efforts on new enhancements or initiatives while following governance and SDLC processes
- Develop flexible solutions that will ensure scalability and adaptability of tools and processes
- Collaborate with financial systems / BI teams at other ADS companies to identify best practices and ensure that Epsilon is in line with parent company needs/expectations
- Assess feasibility of implementing new available upgrades, tools, or processes to complement or replace current BI/reporting suite
- Continually evaluate and optimize BI dashboards and reporting for accuracy, efficiency, and relevance
- Comprehensively test, document, and train users on solutions
- Oversee of the data transmission, integrity and controls from legacy sources to reporting platforms
- Manage security and approval / ticketing processes for BI solutions
- Partner with Finance leadership to maintain and deliver against business intelligence and reporting road map
- Partner with parent company on enterprise wide initiatives, governance, and process improvements
- Understand full financial systems and business systems architecture to ensure awareness of upstream/downstream impacts of system changes
- Work with the larger team to support Finance organization as needed on ad-hoc projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience with Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE 11g and OBIEE 12g)
- Advanced report writing skills within OBI environment
- Advanced understanding of OBIEE backend components including Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), OBAW data warehouse, and RPD layers
- Experience with OBIA financial analytics, sales analytics, and project analytics preferred
- Experience working with and integrating multiple instances of Salesforce.com
- Hyperion / Essbase experience preferred
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Understanding of master data management practices
- Strong negotiating, facilitation, and leadership skills
- Content working independently as part of a team
- Clear and concise communication skills. Ability to adapt to audience
- Ability to interpret business requirements and design solutions
- Ability to establish and meet critical deadlines in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to lead projects, collaborate, define deliverables and provide direction
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities and complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead and work with cross-functional, global teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills required
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Business degree with a strong system background or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideal education would be Accounting/Finance degree with IT minor (or equivalent experience) OR IT degree with an MBA with an Accounting/Finance emphasis
Oracle Business Intelligence certification highly preferred
- 5-8 years’ experience with financial reporting / business intelligence development or similar
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top