Director, Strategic Business Consulting - Retail
Epsilon, AdAge’s #1 Ranked U.S. Agency, is seeking a dynamic Director, Retail Strategic Consulting with a background in CRM consulting and/or marketing communications to work with retail Fortune 500 clients on CRM strategy development, customer insights, omni-channel contact strategies, reporting, analytical projects and voice-of-the-customer research.
Key Responsibilities & Qualities:
- Thought leadership to guide client and internal teams towards use of customer intelligence in recommending, developing and deploying relevant omni-channel CRM strategies
- Voice of authority with strong knowledge of retail vertical to optimize use of data, tools and insights to guide client CRM evolution
- Strong team player who is pro-active in recommending CRM solutions to current business problems, providing guidance on best practices and makes the most of client’s budget
- Solid analytical experience with customer data interpretation, digesting campaign reports, identifying trends and patterns, creating insights and developing executive summary findings for executive presentation.
- Works day to day on client service engagements, typically with regular visits on client premises.
- CRM Strategy & Insights Development
- Translating client business objectives into actionable CRM campaigns, programs and strategies that lead to measureable results
- Designing marketing reports, including executive dashboards
- Recommending Email, Direct Mail and Digital contact strategies to maximize customer engagement
- Focus on test-and-learn and ROI
Strategic & Analytic Resource:
- Developing profiles/personas of targeted consumers for marketing communications
- Helping guide segmentation projects, reporting engagements, campaign results interpretation, predictive models, basket analysis and more
- Experience with data append and relevant business solutions
- Guiding deployment of omni-channel marketing communications
- Leading primary and secondary research efforts to support client projects (surveys, interviews)
- Bring best practices to clients in integrated marketing across direct mail, email, mobile / apps, social media and other channels
- Marketing communications planning & design:
- Determining most effective communications plan for an overall program or specific events
- Consult on and help design message channel(s), content, formats, targeting, offers, timing and cadence
- Ability to design iterative test-and-control strategies that support broader learning objectives
- Creating overall contact strategies and marketing playbooks (go-to-market contact blueprints)
- Defining performance metrics, reporting and measurement schemes
- Helping select and guide execution partners
- Creates high-quality, compelling documents to communicate findings and recommendations using MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Comfortable speaking with confidence about marketing recommendations and presenting at the CMO-level during quarterly business reviews
- Pro-actively contributes new business ideas and thought-starter marketing concepts for CRM presentations
- Designs, creates and distributes reports using Excel and similar analytical tools
- Able to develop compelling case studies based successful client work
- Ability to help define key business requirements for marketing systems in the discovery phase and beyond for better ongoing strategic insight and system usage optimization
Existing and New Client Development:
- Identifies opportunities for additional opportunities across the entire family of Epsilon services
- Participates in proposal development as needed
- Knowledge across retail marketing disciplines including strategy, CRM planning, retail operations, and lifecycle marketing concepts including acquisition, loyalty, up-sell/cross-sell and winback
- Stays apprised of, and is able to apply knowledge of, all of Epsilon’s assets, tools and capabilities to client engagements
- Experience & Education
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in marketing operations, omni-channel marketing
- Experience in consultative client engagements
- Experience in Retail, or other relevant industry, preferred
- MBA, or undergraduate with relevant business experience, preferred
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top