Director of Digital Strategic Consulting
About the Opportunity
Epsilon is seeking a Director, Digital Strategy to join its team in San Francisco or Denver/Boulder CO working on a range of exciting consumer and business marketing initiatives for a leading global brand in the online services/technology space. It’s a tremendous opportunity to join the world’s number one marketing services agency in driving innovation and excellence for a marquee client that likes to think big.
In particular, you’ll contribute to and lead efforts to analyze, develop and optimize the performance of digital marketing programs – helping clients think holistically about how data, technology, analytics and specific digital campaign approaches can best interact across stages of the customer journey to support aggressive customer acquisition and retention objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a combination of interactive direct marketing, leadership and quantitative analytical skills, along with proven consulting experience helping clients meet and exceed their business objectives through smart digital marketing.
You’ll help to devise and build new campaigns from the ground up, drawing on your expertise in email, mobile, web, search, display, and integrated communications planning. You’ll help clients optimize, automate, and evolve their programs. And you’ll do it in a highly collaborative, fast-paced setting, drawing upon a rich pool of resources, including digital and vertical marketing consultants, brand planners, analysts, statisticians, creatives, developers, data and technology experts all working on behalf of one of the world’s most innovative technology marketers.
Want to join us?
- Strategic consultation: Be seen as a trusted strategic advisor to clients and internal teams by providing marketing insights, building business cases, and drawing upon the full scope of Epsilon marketing services, strategic and analytic consulting expertise, data and technology to solve core business challenges.
- Leadership: Provide guidance and direction to junior members of the strategic consulting team engaged on assigned accounts.
- Thought leadership and innovation: Help clients and internal teams understand emerging digital marketing trends, apply best practices and pursue innovations in digital marketing.
- Business and practice development: Support account growth, pursue new business opportunities, and support the continued development of new digital strategy offerings within our strategic consulting practice.
- Digital marketing strategy: Lead or contribute to the development of multichannel marketing contact strategies, integrated lifecycle marketing plans, CRM programs and other comprehensive marketing efforts for clients.
- Campaign analysis and execution guidance: Work with clients to develop, measure and optimize the performance of customer marketing programs across email, mobile apps, websites, social media, search, and other digital marketing programs.
- Customer and market insights: Use internal and external data, industry insights, 1st and 3rd party research and a variety of quantitative tools at your disposal to become intimate with and advocate for our client’s end-customer.
- Client interface: A large part of this role will involve presenting and selling ideas to our client in partnership with the account management team. High-quality presentation and idea articulation skills are a must.
- 7+ years of experience in direct or database marketing with a marketing consultancy, digital agency, email service provider, mobile marketing agency, or with a company in the SaaS, online services or technology space.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with enterprise-class email marketing and/or mobile marketing program strategy, execution best practices, technologies, vendor ecosystems, and industry trends.
- Understanding of customer relationship marketing concepts, strategic frameworks, key metrics, and tactical approaches to driving customer acquisition and retention.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce high-quality presentations and speak with confidence to senior marketing leaders.
- High intellectual curiosity, drive and proactivity.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other degree in a consulting, management or marketing discipline preferred.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top