Director of Digital Analytics
Director of Digital Analytics
This role will require travel to the client site in Danbury, CT 1 – 2 times per week.
Epsilon is seeking a Director of Digital Analytics to join our growing Digital Strategy & Analytics team. Using various tools, you will access marketing performance data to learn how consumers engage with marketing campaigns. Your analysis will help our marketing teams learn how to develop better-performing campaigns in future, and will help our clients to understand whether their marketing investments have been successful.
The Digital Analytics team generates insights from a variety of digital marketing initiatives, including websites (desktop & mobile), social media, mobile apps, email, customer relationship management databases, coupons, ecommerce platforms and sweepstakes to name a few. The Digital Analytics team works across virtually all Epsilon digital clients and will provide the Director of Digital Analytics with exposure to these varying experiences as well as skill based training. The main role this Director will fill on the Digital Analytics team will be running the digital analytics practice for a large, high visibility CPG client. The particular areas of analytic focus will be email, database, and website analytics – though other channels will come into play on the account. In addition to working on a high visibility account and across many digital channels, the Director of Digital Analytics will also work cross-functionally with our internal sales, account management, creative, strategy, tech, database, and project management teams.
Our ideal candidate is analytical, experienced in digital marketing, has excellent communication skills, and is friendly and honest.
The Director of Digital Analytics will report to the Sr. Director of Digital Analytics.
- Serve as a team expert in digital analytics spanning Web, Mobile, Social, Email and Media.
- Provide digital analytics guidance for a large pharma account. This guidance consists of identifying, planning, and executing analysis opportunities.
- Developing measurement plans which contain benchmarks and goals for each upcoming campaign.
- Creating and presenting customized marketing performance wrap up reports. These reports will outline the key successes, areas for improvement, and strategic recommendations to be implemented moving forward for our clients.
- Accessing and analyzing digital marketing data from a variety of analytic tools (Database, Email, Website, etc.) in order to create these customized reports and dashboards.
- Analytic Tools/ Data Sources of focus for this client include: Websites analytics (Adobe Analytics), Email (Adobe Campaign) and Database queries (using SAS).
- Other analysis areas include: QR Codes, Banner Ads, Social media pages (Twitter & Facebook), Social Listening, etc.
- The Director of Digital Analytics will work with an analyst to help compile and pull the data necessary. While the analyst will help with much of this, the Director also at times is required to go in and pull data themselves for ad hoc requests, etc. The Director will also focus heavily on crafting the marketing results presentations and making recommendations.
- Working with marketing research tools to perform competitive analysis around our clients and their main competitors. These insights will help to generate new marketing initiatives for our clients.
- Analyzing digital marketing performance based on customer and product segmentation and developing segmentation approaches for customers and prospects.
- Recommending contact optimization strategies to maximize revenue and profit.
- Advising on, building and maintaining complete documentation for all projects.
- Working on multiple projects at a time.
- Providing ad hoc reporting
- Identifying potential data quality issues; responsible for quality assurance testing and guidance for correction of any issues that are observed. Will work with the analyst closely in this capacity.
- 5-8 years of relevant professional experience conducting digital analytics or working in another analytical field with a demonstrated passion for digital and experience being a key point of contact for a client relationship.
- Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret findings.
- Effective communicator via both written and spoken word.
- Advanced level user in Excel: pivot tables, charts, v-lookups, and dashboard creation.
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills and experience developing client presentations.
- A strong working knowledge of statistical analysis and research methodologies.
- Experience with Email and Database analytics is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and Adobe Workbench is required
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a quantitative field such as economics, statistics, mathematics, marketing or psychology.
- A master’s degree in business administration, statistics, or any other related field is preferred but not required.
- Deep experience with website tracking tools such as Adobe Analytics (Omniture SiteCatalyst) and Google Analytics is preferred.
- Deep experience with email delivery and reporting tools such as Dream, DREAMmail, Adobe Campaign, or ExactTaget is preferred.
- Familiarity with digital media tools (Dart, Atlas) or social media analytics tools (Facebook Insights, Twitter, and Pinterest Analytics) is a plus.
- Ability to organize and mine large sets of data for insights.
- Ability to communicate clearly the findings of a complex analyses.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work on multiple projects over the course of a day.
- Team player with ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment; ability to work effectively with diverse teams including statistical, technical, creative and marketing resources.
- Demonstrates an ability to think outside the box and take initiative upon themselves in order to solve problems as they arise.
- Familiarity with statistical software and data manipulation tools such as SAS, SQL, R, or SPSS is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with databases (what they are, how they are structured and used) is preferred.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top