Director, Marketing Program Management (Automotive)
The Director, Program Management will oversee the day-to-day marketing product/program management responsibilities for one or more of Epsilon’s automotive clients. This role partners with all teams that provide support for Epsilon’s automotive clients to make sure that products remain on schedule from concept to formal launch.
Strong candidates will have a proven track record of defining the best in class data driven marketing solutions, working in a collaborative cross-functional role to drive decision-making for optimal marketing results. Automotive marketing experience is strongly preferred.
- Identify potential problems and delays and mitigate against them before issues arise
- Work with the sales and account teams to make sure that customer demand and feedback is accounted for
- Justify product direction being taken and recommend a “change course” when warranted
- Understand the automotive CRM landscape and our competition
- Define and assist in the execution of product launches
- Regularly meet with management to validate that our products are relevant and meeting client expectations
- Meet with customers to get “real” feedback on product features and ideas
- Participate in cross-program development program meetings for requirements prioritization
- Define and assist in the execution of program launches
- Update related documentation for programs
- Review sales and marketing documentation for programs to ensure accuracy
- Create test data files and documents for printers and email programmers for launch of new features, communication, or change in creative
- Review print and email proofs and provide feedback during launch and testing of new features and communications
- Review and approve requirements documents, user stories, use cases and workflows
- Assist dealer services with investigation of dealer concerns
- Support account team requests for data analysis and extracts
- Assist ad-hoc team with monthly processing to ensure data accuracy and timely processing
- Attend triage calls for emergency release requests by any program or team as needed
- Participate in enterprise reporting and data team calls as needed
- Participate in web enrollment status meetings
- Work with account team to ensure that market place and client feedback is accounted for.
- Host project meetings (kick-off, requirements, design and development and post release UAT)
- Work with project manager, developer, QA, printers, etc. to ensure that releases and tasks remain on schedule
- Create and maintain a project plan that communicates tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation
- Track production releases in an overall project plan to ensure releases are on track
- Identify potential threats to defined schedules before they occur and propose actions to getting back on schedule
- Work with the client and account team to determine the product vision and scope
- Support account team with client meetings and demonstrations as needed
- Provide guidance and direction to the product and project managers and ensure they are on target with expected deliverables
- Participate in bi-weekly product management status meeting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field required or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of marketing and product/program management experience required, preferably within automotive industry and/or CRM
- 3+ years automotive related marketing product/program management experience strongly preferred.
- A high level of problem solving skills, project management and organizational skills as well as product management experience required.
- Ability to analyze data and create practical business cases that can be used to illustrate the value proposition created
- Experience in driving a solution set across development teams through market requirements, product planning, and positioning.
- Experience leading the development of a product or project (product concept was documented, developed, tested and deployed)
- Has developed and implemented a go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Actively participated in process to keep projects on target and meet schedule and performance objectives.
- Must have managed the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Has provided support to sales team with demonstrations and product collateral creation
- Experience on the fixed operations side of the automotive industry preferred.
- Experience with defining requirements to build automotive CRM platforms preferred.
- An understanding of DMS systems and who the primary providers are is preferred
- An understanding of RDR/NVS records is preferred
- An understanding aware of repair orders and customer pay vs. warranty is preferred
- Experience in defining market requirements for automotive products by conducting market research is preferred
- Has the ability to “think outside of the box” and provide innovative ideas and solutions
- Experience in utilizing social media solutions to help attract prospective customers
- Skilled in interpersonal relationship management to effectively work with business leaders and management
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral communication skills along with great presentation skills
- Strong overall professional presence, capable of communicating and negotiating effectively at all levels
- Knowledge of MS Project and MS Visio strongly preferred
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top