Developer II (Data Analysis)
The Developer II (Data) works with the Lead Developer to design and develop technical solutions on a proprietary, multi-node computing environment focused on 'big data' processing (billions of records).
This requires full SDLC familiarity, including requirements review, analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation as assigned.
- Verify input data quality, including identification and communication of file variances and potential issues
- Read data file dumps and QC conversion output.
- Set up, process and QC data hygiene and merge/purge processes
- Set up and process statistical reports and provide these reports to account teams.
- Maintain and adhere to project schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience required
- 5+ years of development experience required
- Proven analysis, design, programming and implementation experience is required
- Experience manipulating and joining multiple, large data files (Millions of records, 100's of GB) required.
- Knowledge of data formats – character fields, packed fields, binary, hexadecimal fields required.
- Experience with flat files, Ascii/Ebcdic, binary data, bitmapping, and ETL processing fundamental.
- Knowledge and understanding of HADOOP, cloud computing, massively parallel-processing systems strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of UNIX environment/directory structures /Linux/DO environment is helpful
- Experience with data compression algorithms and techniques preferred.
- Development experience with C, C++, Perl, Shell Scripting preferred
- Experience with database programs and basic SQL Knowledge and preferred
- Familiarity with Agile Development concepts, JIRA, and GIT
- Ability to solve problems without using traditional tools, software, or relational databases.
- Knowledge of data hygiene, address standardization, etc is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to read, create, and change existing code
- Ability to coordinate and follow up with multiple tasks
- Attention to detail necessary
- Ability to recommend and implement automation solutions for production process.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top