Database Administrator, 1
Seeking a highly motivated and well-rounded Oracle DBA with a strong development background to be part of a fast paced production support and full-lifecycle implementation team
Candidate is expected to be familiar with database architecture, logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, PL/SQL programming, backup & recovery concepts, and database performance and tuning. Candidate must have good analytical, verbal , and written skills.
Ø Proficiency inMySQL database management.
Ø ProvisionMySQL instances and Backup/Recovery procedures.
Ø Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases.
Ø Prepare documentations and specifications.
Ø Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
Ø Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Ø Decent experience with recent versions ofMySQL( MySQL 5.7 , MySQL 8.0) andforks ofMySQL.
Ø Understanding of MySQL's underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB andMyISAM.
Ø Experience withreplication configuration in MySQL.
Ø Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL.
Ø Knowledge in writing and optimizingSQL statements.
Ø Knowledge onGalera cluster, Percona cluster andPercona toolkits.
Ø On call and Rotational shift availability.
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or Information Technology required (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working with Oracle database systems in a Linux/Unix environment is required.
- Must have experience in 11g and be familiar with 12c new features and upgrade methodology.
- Must have at least 1 year experience in each the following:
- Data Guard
- Oracle RAC in 11g or above
- Linux shell scripting (preferable ksh or bsh)
- OLTP Database Support
- Oracle Partitioning
- PL/SQL programming (Oracle packages, procedures or anonymous PL/SQL)
- Must be familiar with RAC services and how to manage & configure them in a highly available environment.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment to meet common goals.
- Must be familiar with Oracle tuning techniques and have working knowledge of AWR/ASH reports.
• Preference given to individuals with the following:
o Database support in .NET environment
o Oracle Certified Professional for 11g or above
o Oracle 12c experience
o Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager
o Erwin or comparable data modeling tool experience
o Experience with Oracle ASO/TDE
o Exadata DB Machine experience
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant®, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ AffiliateTM, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. An Alliance Data® company, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg
Back to top