Data File Analyst, 1
The File Analyst is responsible for the secure sending, receiving, loading, and upfront processing of client files. The File Analysts responsibilities include accessing transfer sites, analyzing/processing/reformatting files, and routing files to the correct server locations. The File Analyst is responsible for monitoring and updating various work ticketing queues and executing a defined set of processes. The File Analyst may interact with both internal and external clients and must be consistently able to meet or exceed SLA and quality standards.
Initial responsibilities will include processing Profile Summary report requests and completing standard file load requests. Longer term potential exists to expand skill sets into other areas including more advanced file processing and file conversion (standardized name/address keying).
• Adheres to all Epsilon data security and privacy standards.
• The Data File Analyst must provide timely and professional customer service in the processing of all requests, whether dealing with internal or external clients.
• This position is responsible for the accurate processing of all client data entering and leaving Epsilon.
• Work with automated and manual processes in the transferring and conversion of files from original to a useable format.
• Route files to their appropriate, correct destinations and departments.
• Possess knowledge of basic data file structure: record layouts, field descriptions, record counts, data formats (ASCII, ECDIC, etc.)
• Restore files from backups.
• Must be highly organized, have the capacity to multitask and handle a high volume of traffic quickly and accurately while being exceptionally detail oriented.
• Ensure all work is tracked and logged and accurately record hours worked per week.
• Adhere to stringent data security policies and procedures in the processing of all files to ensure the protection and safe handling of all client data at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
• Strong customer service and follow up skills required.
• Exhibit a high degree of computer literacy, adaptability, and versatility.
• Ability to unzip and decrypt data files and assess disk space requirements.
• Microsoft Outlook expertise - Ability to manage an extremely high volume of email requests.
• Proficiency with MS Office (including Word and Excel)
• Must enjoy and have the capacity for problem solving and being detail oriented.
• Exhibit knowledge regarding file types and formats (Excel, Delimited, ASCII vs. EBCDIC, character fields, packed fields, binary, etc).
• Some UNIX a strong plus (file operations, executing scripts, etc.)
• College level experience preferred.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant®, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ AffiliateTM, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. An Alliance Data® company, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Back to top