About the Opportunity
The Copy Editor will review and edit all direct mail, email and/or interactive projects throughout the entire production/creative process to ensure quality, accuracy and consistency of projects before release in both print and digital media.
- Proofreads at various stages of production for accurate production and presentation of all content modifications, revisions, updates, or new copy content
- Checks for grammar, punctuation, usage, capitalization, style, layout, format, inconsistencies, and fact checks as needed
- Checks against backup (creative, reference)
- Double checks size and specifications
- Checks that all brands, products, and logos are up to date
- Checks legal and all trademarks and all copyrights are correct and up to date
- Checks that all phone numbers and URLs are accurate and functioning
- Maintains a library of up to date client brands, brand standards
- Maintains a library of up to date information for each client and product including legal information
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and communicates them to supervisor
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to be highly accurate under extremely tight deadlines
- Able to collaborate as an effective team member
- Able to stay up to date on all required software
- Able to quickly and accurately proof copy
- Able to take direction well
- Well-versed in latest style manual as pertains to each specific account
- Able to clearly communicate changes and updates
- Must utilize exceptional spelling and grammar
- Able to create, adhere to or update relevant style guides as needed
- Must be extremely detail oriented and organized
Duties & Responsibilities
- A passion for hunting typos and correcting grammar; incredibly detailed and organized.
- Accuracy under the pressure of extremely tight deadlines, with a strong work ethic toward getting tasks completed, no matter the obstacles
- Check email links as requested to ensure accuracy
- An ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Comfortably leading and collaborating as an effective team member, with the ability toboth work independently and take direction well
- An ability to learn new programs, processes and systems quickly
- Able to use standard proofreading symbols
- Experience working with Excel, Word, Basecamp, Power Point and Adobe Acrobat,including mark- up/editing/distributing of electronic documents within each program
- Ability to utilize web research tools, such as Google, Bing and other search engines tofact check
- Strong knowledge of AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style and proofreaders’ marks
- Experience working in a fast-paced/high-pressure environment.•Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities in a tight deadline drivenenvironment
- At least 2 years of proofreading experience, in an agency setting or professionalservices organization; including checking documents for general errors, layout and styleconsistency, clarity, and cross-referencing a variety of materials
- Requires 2 years of related experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top