Cloud/Dev/Ops UNIX Administrator
This individual has expert technical and analytical skills in enterprise systems architecture and software, will be responsible for working with senior business and technical staff across all units in the company to formulate, maintain and communicate a cohesive systems architecture strategy. The candidate should have previous cloud architecture experience, a demonstrated track record of a production cloud infrastructure implementations and possess both hypervisor and server/CPU hardware expertise, and at least one prior job as an IT infrastructure architecture or operations team leader. Current knowledge of the ongoing developments in server virtualization, cloud architecture, cloud management areas and user community is also of importance for the successful candidate. Role includes the ability to provide operational guidance for infrastructure design, capacity planning, functionality testing, and load testing of virtualized computing environments, documentation as well as training of other organizations and ongoing server solution support.
The candidate should possess expert knowledge of VM technology with experience to include detailed level VM system architecture, application deployment in VM environments, VM management, distributed computing systems, implementation, operations, and replication experience. Experience with Network Services/Telecom industry is a plus. Domestic and international travel may be required.
A minimum of 10 years’ direct web development and software architecture experience are required.
- Configure and fine tune cloud infrastructure systems
- Work closely with cloud architects and application teams to develop, plan and implement application deployments to private and public clouds
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud infrastructure operations via automation scripting and working with API’s
- Support cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Establish Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) to customer environments
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions
- Monitor automated systems recovery solutions
- Develops descriptions of systems and business functional boundaries
- Develops and maintains the comprehensive systems architectures, frameworks and application interfaces
- Works with senior IT staff and management to develop and maintain company technical processes and standards (ITIL based)
- Reviews and approves technical designs for conformance to standards and architectural requirements
- Provides consultation and assists project teams in formulating solutions
- Must be able to perform under tight timeframes and execute problem solving skills
- Identifies and understands the key drivers that impact the business
- Performs business and technical requirements analysis and review
- Proactively learns about and evaluates emerging technologies (reviewing technical journals, team sharing, mentors, vendors, peer groups, special training)
- Develops, monitors and enforces technical standards
- Understands and leverages best practices of Information Technology
- Establish technical specifications that facilitate easy, accurate coding or scripting/configuration
- Develops information processing strategies and plans that add value and/or competitive advantage to customer
- Executes risk assessment utilizing established methodologies
- Develops relevant, repeatable criteria for assessing future risks and problems
- Develops appropriate metrics to measure total system performance
- Applies an understanding of the key vulnerabilities related to data transfer between internal/external systems to maximize data security and integrity
- Solid understanding and application of web services, SOAs, data base performance and networking
- Solid understanding of UNIX/Linux Operating Systems - Red Hat, Solaris, AIX, Oracle Linux
- Solid understanding of Clustering techniques and technologies supporting Oracle databases
- Solid design and build experience of reference implementations of components and interfaces with new technologies
- Solid understanding of currently used UNIX/Linux files systems - EXT2,3, GFS, NFS, XFS
- Solid experience in designing for critical areas of security, performance, capacity and maintainability
- Excellent design experience, including use of industry design patterns and best practices
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (emphasis on documentation)
- Solid experience with data modeling tools and concepts
- Solid understanding of server/application deployment techniques, methodologies, and tools
- Previous Experience as a Systems or Application Architect
- Experience with automation using Python (or similar dynamic languages) and shell scripting
- Experience deploying and operating Linux or other UNIX variants in a datacenter environment
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat). Experience with Migrations to Linux a big plus
- Performance Tuning, optimization, and advanced troubleshooting of systems Issues
- Strong Bash shell scripting, Perl etc.
- Knowledge in Various Backup/Recovery Methodologies and Strategies
- Familiarity with various tools and methods for administering the Unix Systems infrastructure
- Deep & broad knowledge of full range of distributed messaging, email, active directory, middleware, application integration, web services, collaboration, knowledge & content management, systems management and related operating
- System & supporting hardware and software technologies, architectural principles, design standards and options
- Deep Technical knowledge of infrastructure services systems management and monitoring tools
- Deep Technical knowledge of commonly used hardware and software products
- Must possess a strong knowledge of vendor community for full range of infrastructure services architectures including but not limited to distributed messaging, email, DNS, middleware, application integration, web services, collaboration, knowledge & content management, systems management and related operating system & supporting technologies along with broad knowledge of security best practices and intrusion detection and protection techniques and methodologies
- Expert knowledge of distributed messaging, email, active directory, middleware, application integration, web services, web applications & portals, knowledge & content management, systems management and related operating system & supporting architectures (Microsoft Operating systems, IIS and .net framework, Unix operating systems, Linux operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange, SMS, DNS, LDAP, load balancing, Sun, Oracle, EMC, Cisco, F5
- Must have excellent architecture, design, operations support & troubleshooting skills (focus on systems integration and on the construction of messaging & middleware tools and frameworks to assist with systems, applications and data integration)
An undergraduate degree (BA/BS Computer Science) is required and a graduate degree is preferred Equivalent experience can be substituted for the degree requirement.
Red Hat, CISSP, Infrastructure Architect certifications preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top