Business Systems Analyst 2
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will act as liaison between the client and the technical delivery teams. The BSA plays key roles within the technology organization across many disciplines within the SDLC, including requirements gathering, documentation, design and testing. In addition the BSA is expected to work closely with and Project Manager (or Account Manager) to assist in project delivery on a number of levels.
- Interface with the client and epsilon technology delivery teams, supporting the design and delivery of medium to large scale database solutions
- Take part in requirements gathering sessions via client interviews
- Take ownership of all written documentation (your own and others) including requirements, functional specifications, test plans and production ready manuals
- Work with and support technical staff in the design, development and testing of the solution
- Support production staff & client end users in the use of designed solution
- Coordinate integration of new development with the overall technical solution
- Create test plans and lead the system and user acceptance testing activities
- Develop and implement quality assurance methodologies
- Back up production processing, including daily updates
- Function as BSA for special projects
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required
- 2+ years’ experience in project and system delivery life cycle (SDLC) involving medium to large scale databases
- Strong software development background is preferred
- Ability to gain knowledge related to the clients’ industry, and the current business environment and incorporate this knowledge into the overall technical solution
- Solid understanding of Relational Database Management Systems & SQL
- Can work well under pressure, multi-task, and learn the business quickly
- Attention to detail, strong listening skills, and good verbal and written communications are required
- A strong sense of curiosity and desire to get it right
- Traditional BSA skills and experience, including ability to create Functional Requirements specs and creation and execution of test plans
- Solid time management skills a must
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top