Bindery Operator III
Bindery Operator III - (0104513)
About the Opportunity
The Bindery Operator II has basic understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a limited range of tasks. Will perform uncomplicated Bindery operations including running merge, matching and gluing operations. Will also perform simple maintenance tasks. Normally requires instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments. May be used to oversee off-loading and tray tagging procedures.
- Operate all bindery equipment, including folders, cutters, stitchers, affixers, tabbers, straight knives, and glue attachments; perform set ups on specified bindery equipment.
- Review completed jobs to verify conformance with the job ticket and plant standards for quality and consistency
- Proof original job copy to sample to confirm accuracy of job specifications before completion
- Maintain records of time, tasks, and number of pieces completed per job
- Prepare finished product by placing in boxes, mail trays, and on carts for delivery
- Read, review, and interpret instructions on Job Instructions/Sample Board using key information for set ups and operations, including trouble shooting and correction as necessary
- Check and verify job components against Job Instructions/Sign Offs/Sample Board to code and other key information and indicators
- Check accuracy of paperwork pertaining to job, including counts, tray tags, box labels, samples, and seeds
- Understand, complete, and verify all necessary paperwork for appropriate task/job or as deemed necessary
- Adhere to policies and guidelines pertaining to confidentiality, security, safety, and professional conduct
- May train bindery employees and assists them in the resolution of problem
Knowledge of procedures for performing bindery operations Ability to communicate job requirements and issues with account management
Ability to properly use and maintain bindery equipment and supplies
Ability to read job tickets and prioritize tasks
Skill in operating, and adjusting bindery equipment for simple jobs
Ability to train and direct the work of others
Ability to understand, follow, and give detailed oral and written instructions
o Work involves frequent standing, bending, and lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
o Must have good vision and good hand-eye coordination
o Regularly required move about the facility
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform proper machine start-up and shut down
- Maintain bindery equipment
- Ensure that equipment has adequate supplies to complete full production
- Ability to read and understand USPS reports, rosters, and tray tag information
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of equipment and work area at all times
- Maintain, complete, and verify paperwork for each production run documenting
o Production run time
o Down time
o Maintenance sheets
o Postal information
o Meter readings and other production logs as directed by supervisor
- Sort, tray, strap and prepare finished mail pieces in compliance with US Postal regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in direct mail bindery production preferred
- Ability to set-up, operate, and adjust bindery equipment for simple jobs
- Ability to read and understand job tickets, USPS reports, rosters and tray tag information
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow oral/written instructions
- Ability to train and direct the work of others
- Requires 1-3+ years of related experience
- High school or equivalent required
Conditions of Employment All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
About Epsilon Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest that help drive business growth for brands. Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon participates in E-Verify.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Primary Location: USA - United States-3100 - Missouri-51160 - St Charles-70-Earth City (STL), MO
Work Locations: 70-Earth City (STL), MO
Earth City 63045
Job: Print Production
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Nov 20, 2019, 4:17:45 PM
Back to top