Big Data Architect
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Validate the reference architecture and provide details for the architecture of platforms, leading and working hands-on towards implementation and delivery to production for Hadoop, Cassandra and Kafka platforms.
- Help lead the charge on operational strategy, ensuring rapid delivery while taking responsibility for applying standards, principles, theories and concepts.
- Tuning and optimization of clusters.
- Define and help enforce data governance and security policies in conjunction with delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive and MapReduce access for the new users.
- Screen cluster job performance and capacity planning
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and big data platform(Hadoop, Cassandra and Kafka) updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- Work with platform partners to create trouble tickets and incorporate fixes from the partners into the environment
- Automation of deployment, customization, upgrades and monitoring through DevOps tools.
- Mentor admin and development team members.
- Pro-actively helps to resolve difficult technical issues and provide technical knowledge to the team.
- Keep management informed of work activities and schedules.
- Computer Science Degree
- 5+ years of experience in administration/architecture in the field of big data specific to Hadoop, Cassandra and Kafka
- Prior experience in migrating big data platforms from earlier to latest versions of the platforms
- Proven track record in incorporating latest operational tools into big data platforms
- Certification in Hadoop Operations or Cassandra is desired
- Strong knowledge of configuration management process using software such as Ansible,Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, Munin, Zenoss, etc.
- Knowledge of SCM concepts using tools like Git, SVN etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of servers/computers hardware and software.
- Fundamental knowledge of Load balancers, firewalls, TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with programming languages like Python, C, C++, Java, Perl or PHP, including with UNIX scripting.
- Experience with performance tuning (JVM, JMX, connection pooling) using JConsole or similar profiling tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top