About the Opportunity
Manages and produces all aspects of quick-turn print jobs (including data and design variables) for one assigned client - individual auto.
• Codes (modification, not creation or design), tests, debugs, documents, and maintains applications, programs, or other similar environments
• Modifies applications, programs, or other environments from detailed specifications
• Analyzes existing programs to devise logic procedures
• May prepare flowcharting
• Prepares and obtains approval of system, programming, or user documentation
• Recommends changes in development, maintenance, and system standards
• May create technical design documents, code, and test deliverables
• May develop conversion and system implementation plans
• May train users in conversion and implementation of system
Knowledge & Skills
• Learning to conduct research into code-related issues
• Able to follow approved statements of requirements and detailed specifications
• Able to identify problems and deviations according to standard practices, and regularly obtains direction regarding appropriate resolution
• Developing familiarity with related programs, systems, or environments
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
• Good written and oral communication and organizational skills
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
Duties & Responsibilities
• Receive day to day direction from Individual Auto Account Executive
• Ability to comprehend written and/or verbal job instructions
• Works with postal software (i.e. Group1) to perform USPS data hygiene (i.e. CASS, merge, purge, etc.)
• Ability to work in various data management software environments
• Manipulates data based on client requirements
• Provides proofs to internal client
• Prepares jobs for production floor
• Assists internal client with information pertaining to their jobs
• Provides various data counts
• Proficient with building GMC and/or Fusion Pro work flows
• Strong attention to detail & accuracy
• Experience working with postal software (i.e. Group1) to perform USPS data hygiene (i.e. CASS, merge, purge, etc.)
• Ability to calculate and understand figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, schedules, and volume
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, procedure manuals, government regulations, simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to write simple correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, and internal customers
• Requires 0-18 months of related experience
• High school or equivalent required
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
Conditions of Employment All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
About Epsilon Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest that help drive business growth for brands. Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visitwww.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon participates in E-Verify.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Epsilon.
Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Epsilon will consider for employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Mayela T.Senior Business Analyst
Mayela serves clients by gathering notes on specific technical enhancements needed to improve engagement. Then she collaborates with Epsilon’s Development Team to make those enhancements a reality.
Back to top