Account Director, Sr
SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR – Epsilon
Based in SOHO, Central London
Epsilon is the global leader in creating customer connections that build brand and business equity. A new breed of Agency for a consumer empowered world, our unique approach harnesses the power of rich data, world-leading technologies, engaging creativity and transformative ideas to ignite connections between brands and customers, delivering dramatic results.
Recognised by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM / Direct Marketing Network, #1 US Agency from all disciplines and #2 US Digital Agency Network.
We employ 5000+ Associates in 60 offices worldwide.
Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more info go to epsilon.com
As a Senior Account Director you are the driving force behind applying the global account direction to the market. You provide flawless execution for our clients and achieve our financial targets with grace and humility. Your skills, honed by years of practice and refinement, enable you to easily rebuild a sales pipeline in the morning; refine several clients’ digital marketing campaigns and programmes by lunch; and update financial records and coach the team in the nuances of cost negotiations all in time for evening tea. You laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear all the while knowing when to pause and take a moment to appreciate those around you for who they are and what they do.
Fully accountable to the Global General Manager and the International Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for managing our account within the greater UK region, leading the financial growth of the account, fostering client engagements as well as providing for the personal development of our associates.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE….
- Drive the development and growth of the company and the account in the UK market
- Energize the account team to exceed revenue stability and 10% year-on-year net revenue growth
- Be the market point of contact by forecast resourcing needs, risk analysis, leading account coverage
- Be the trusted advisor and go-to partner of our existing and clients to come
- Initiate and oversee the resolution of challenges with product, technical support, engineering teams
- Continually optimise company and team processes by keeping abreast of best practices from other teams/the market and implementing those that have the largest impact
- Understand and internalise our clients’ businesses, industries, objectives, and competitive edge or value propositions
- Upsell new revenue within the existing, as well as, the broader client base within the account
- Own / be directly responsible to the acquisition of new customers & pitches within the account
- Be accountable for the consistent and quality production of account plans and their implementation
- Keep a pulse on the marketplace to identify opportunities/threats and convey them to the team or management as appropriate
o Demonstrate knowledge of our business, solutions and pricing models
o Flawlessly balance revenue, profitability, contribution margin and client expectations
o Develop and present account plans and revenue forecast / tracking back to senior stakeholders within Epsilon
o Ensure processes are adhered to by your team and defining new processes to drive efficiencies where required
o Work with cross-functional and distributed teams to implement the highest quality and financially sound solutions
- Team Management
o Raise quality standard issues to the appropriate function head
o Manage and inspire team members to continually improve their knowledge and skills as marketing consultants
o Manage career development for team members and ensure the team is effectively trained
§ Ensure all account communication with the client are 100% accurate and professional
§ Work with the account team to ensure they understand client’s objectives and business
§ Work with the team to ensure that all elements of client campaigns including are executed flawlessly including the identification of process optimisation
§ Coach team on understanding and managing client expectations
Key performance indicators:
- Account Portfolio Revenue Realization and Growth:
o 80% client engagement renewals; 10% Year-on-Year growth
- Profitability and Operations:
o Team utilisation & contribution margins
o Accuracy of forecasting to actualised revenue
o Team’s process alignment & consistent adoption
- Client satisfaction and retention
o Determined through CSAT surveys
o Team’s Quality and On-Time Delivery
- Associate satisfaction and retention
o Determined through Associate Surveys
- Solid experience in a comparable client services oriented position; Digital Agency background is preferred
- Documented track record in account management, maintaining and growing client engagements and collaborating with cross-functional / distributed teams & customer success stories
- Excellent presentation, consultative sales and negotiation skills in interacting with senior level executives
- Has a strong understanding and healthy experience with accounting practices; specifically, revenue recognition, forecasting and cost management
- Has an appreciation for the impact of data and analytics on marketing services
- Experience managing teams of 10 or more, large budgets (1M) and working on global accounts
- A creative and solutions based philosophy to work and life
We offer an excellent work environment, great benefits and pay
Please apply if you are interested
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Ranked the #1 Agency by the Hub Magazine, Catapult is the integrated behavior-based marketing services agency that delivers accelerated business growth through the Art of Conversion™. This unique data-driven approach identifies the core, actionable insights that inspire brilliant creative with the power to convert consumers into shoppers, shoppers into buyers, and buyers into loyal advocates. Headquartered in Westport, CT, Catapult leverages the expertise of more than 300 employees across 11 offices in major retailer geographies including Minneapolis, Bentonville, Chicago, Dallas, Cincinnati, Nashville, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Seattle and Tampa. Catapult is an Epsilon brand. For more information: http://www.catapultmarketing.com/, follow on Twitter @CatapultMktg or call 1.203.682.4000.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is a global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 Largest World CRM/Direct Marketing Network, #1 Largest U.S. Agency from All Disciplines and #1 Largest U.S. Mobile Marketing Agency, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com/, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Meet Some of Epsilon's Employees
Director Of Learning & Development
Helen brainstorms and researches new ways for teams to work together by introducing training at the individual and team level. She helps Epsilon’s employees achieve their goals.
Back to top