Customer Care Representative
- Melville, NY
Position Overview: The Customer Care Specialist has the primary responsibility of providing superior customer service to clients. Our first objective is to retain existing clients.
Critical Job Functions:
- Respond promptly to client inquiries via phone, mail and email in a professional and courteous manner. Strive to resolve all inquiries during first communication with client.
- View every client contact as an opportunity to impress our clients. Review exposures, loss experience and current coverage. Provide proactive solutions and recommend appropriate products.
- Follow department protocol for taking the next call in the queue and return all calls as promised.
- Document all verbal communications with clients and carriers in a prompt manner. Records must reflect the current status at all times.
- Assist with the solicitation of new accounts and the retention of existing accounts. Look for new sales opportunities by cross-selling.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of carrier websites and utilize the sites to secure accurate and timely information for our clients.
- Remarket accounts according to agency guidelines. Consider the current program and if warranted, provide other options to the client.
- Assume ownership of customer concerns and feedback until successful resolution.
- Comply with all internal procedures and practices while demonstrating the ability to meet service performance and quality standards.
- Work as a team and contribute to the team effort by openly sharing insurance knowledge.
- Become a student of the business. Seek insurance knowledge through training and education.
Skills & Qualifications:
- College graduate preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong customer service focus & communication skills.
- Excellent diplomacy skills / ability to resolve issues.
- Independent user of technology.
- College graduate or experience equivalent.
- Broker’s license is required / can be obtained once hired
Why join us?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, unlimited Managed Time Off, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
Back to top