Job Title: Account Executive – Commercial Lines, Large Accounts (Domestic and International)
Location: Remote position based out the the New York, NY (Midtown) office.
Account Executives provide excellent customer service by ensuring all client needs are met while engaging in behaviors such as cross-selling and development of new business. They build robust relationships through working to understand client needs and providing solutions that effectively protect the client’s risks. In this role, the Account Executive will be responsible for managing, retaining and growing a diverse book of commercial lines accounts.
This role is responsible for, although not limited to, the following job duties:
- Managing the account life cycle: pre-renewal, renewal, post renewal, stewardship and visiting client as needed.
- Working with team members at all levels to ensure client satisfaction. Proactively addressing client issues and all matters impacting customer satisfaction as they Managing and growing underwriter relationships to ensure understanding of goals and expectations.
- Managing day to day account transactions including P&C acquisitions, exposure changes, contract reviews, coverage analysis and program recommendations with intensive client interaction.
- Submission of renewal business to various markets and maintaining a productive relationship with insurance company underwrite Working with EPIC team members to execute all renewals in a timely manner. Generation of accurate renewal submission, proposals, and timely handling of surplus lines filings.
- Policy Administration: Checking policies, coverage analysis, checking endorsements and due diligence review for clients during mergers and acquisitions; and policy audits.
- Seek out new business through referrals, cross-selling and account rounding.
- Effectively managing preparation and production of all elements of presentations for client meetings and properly representing the company Attending client meetings, addressing client questions and identifying next steps as appropriate.
- Benchmarking (as needed) and presenting quotes to clients including recommendations for enhancing the insurance program.
- Invoicing of agency and direct bills.
- Coordinating with the EPIC Trust Accounting Team on billing issues and premium financing for clients.
- Accounts Receivable collection.
REPORTS AND DATABASE MANAGEMENT:
- Document client activity in Sagitta and Image Right
- Provide regular status progress reports to Manager, producer(s) and clients.
Customer Service Focus: Ability to build and maintain customer satisfaction through proactively addressing customer needs and concerns. Ensures the highest value of service is always provided and consistently delivers on commitments to the customer.
Influence and Persuasion: Effective in using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to persuade, convince, influence and impress others to gain acceptance of a product, service, specific agenda or course of action, develop new business and to establish credibility to sustain the respect of others
Active Listening: Enhances mutual understanding in communication with others by expressing genuine interest in the content and meaning of others’ messages. Asks clarifying questions to ensure understanding
Initiating Action: Self-starter and frequently takes a lead role in improving or enhancing a product or service to benefit the client and EPIC. Will often demonstrate a sincere positive attitude toward getting things done and will seek out additional responsibilities that may go beyond the scope of their formal job description.
Information Seeking: Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about people, things or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for exact information and/or resolving discrepancies by asking a series of questions or conducting less-focused environmental scanning for opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be used in the future.
Relationship Building: Develops and maintains long-term relationships with others and excels at building and maintaining friendly interactions, establishing credibility and building rapport with individuals and networks of contacts
Achievement Motivation and Perseverance: Demonstrates a determination to achieve ever-increasing levels of performance. Sets high standards and challenging goals for new accounts, financial targets, customer service and themselves. Maintains a constant focus on exceeding objectives for both the client and EPIC.
Composure and Resilience: Able to deal effectively with pressure, maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic and persistent even under adversity. Demonstrates the ability and propensity to recover quickly and maintain self-control following setbacks, rejections and conflict.
- 8+ years brokerage experience as an Account Executive role preferable.
- International Account Manager experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of P&C and Management Liability lines of business.
- Knowledge of the insurance carriers risk appetite and industry preferences, i.e., Chubb, CNA, Hartford, Liberty Mutual, Travelers, Zurich, etc.
- Ability to develop innovative and customized business solutions.
- Ability to communicate professionally and with confidence to C-Suite in various industries.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills.
- Ability to mentor team members.
- Strong computer skills including MS office suite, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Sagitta and ImageRight a plus
- College degree in Insurance or related field preferred.
- New York P &C Producers license.
The national average salary for this role is $140,000 to $170,000 in base pay and exclusive of any bonuses or benefits. The base pay offered will be determined based on your experience, skills, training, certifications and education, while also considering internal equity and market data.
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.