Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) has leveraged its advanced software engineering heritage to become the foremost global digital transformation services provider - leading the industry in digital and physical product development and digital platform engineering services. Through its innovative strategy; integrated advisory, consulting, and design capabilities; and unique 'Engineering DNA,' EPAM's globally deployed hybrid teams help make the future real for clients and communities around the world by powering better enterprise, education and health platforms that connect people, optimize experiences, and improve people's lives. In 2021, EPAM was added to the S&P 500 and included among the list of Forbes Global 2000 companies.
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 45 countries across five continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
We're looking for a talented UX Design Director to join the creative team at EPAM Continuum in Milan.
You'll work closely and collaboratively with our UX and UI designers, BAs, copywriters and strategists to produce beautifully crafted, award-winning digital products, services, content and campaigns for a broad range of clients - From media, entertainment, life sciences and automotive to finance, technology and travel.
This exciting hands-on role requires a creative mind-set coupled with experience designing great products and services across platforms and screens, as well building and creating creatively driven teams.
You are proactive, and self-motivated with a broad-ranging portfolio bursting with exceptionally well executed creative work. You have experience designing across platforms and screens, as well as with working in virtual and cross-functional teams. You're passionate about design and are up to date on the latest trends and techniques used to create highly engaging experiences.
You are a confident visual designer, who is experienced in presenting work to both clients and colleagues, building good working relationships and rapport along the way.
- Help build the digital creative competence in Milan by mentoring existing talent and hiring from local market
- Contribute to experience design concepts helping to both develop compelling user experiences, and also taking evolving concepts to another level
- Participate in new-business activities, storytelling, presentations and pitches
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with clients and within EPAM multi-disciplinary teams
- Interface directly with customers by leading presentations, workshops and in-person visits (when relevant)
- Develop digital strategies, concepts and design artefacts for products and services
- Pro-actively keep up with design trends and industry developments, especially in the focus areas for the company (which might change from time to time)
- Contributes to team culture by attending events and sharing a POV on design-related trends and topics
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating excellent design, strategic thinking, and communication skills
- Experience building creative teams
- Ability to solve complex design / business problems
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working virtual teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates high standards of workmanship, attention to detail
- Ability to think and respond quickly to client and internal team demands
- Considered a subject matter expert in their discipline
- Expert knowledge and experience working within multiple customer verticals
- Roles played on projects: Design Lead, Creative director
- Hands-on design skills with industry standard tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma Adobe suite (and whatever gets the job done)
- Experience in designing for a variety of platforms, technologies, screen resolutions and operating systems
- Ability to manage and develop consistent design language to guide the look and feel for projects
- A good understanding of front-end web technologies with knowledge borne from experience would be an added bonus
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work on leading edge platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions