Test Automation Engineer (Python)
- Yerevan, Armenia
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever - a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Test Automation Engineer (Python). Scroll down to learn more about this position's responsibilities and requirements.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Our customer is a global cloud security company. The company offers Internet Access solution that connects users to externally managed applications, Private Access solution that provides access to internally managed applications. Besides, our customer provides automated threat forensics and dynamic malware protection against advanced cyber threats.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The user management system has some scoring model, a score is calculated for each entity based on network events/statuses, like packages loss. Our goal is to develop a set of tests or a framework that will emulate network conditions and populate a relevant score.
What You'll Do
- Analyze documented user requirements and; design and document test plans in support of those requirements for complex software applications
- Transform test plans into test scripts and executes those scripts
- Ensure proper execution of test scripts and documentation of test results in test logs or defect tracking systems such as JIRA
- Maintain detailed notes on how some problem was found and share the same with developers
- Decent understanding of networking with the ability to troubleshoot simple networks
- Ability to produce various network events through tools - connection loss, degraded connection etc
- Experience with performance benchmarking on Windows and Mac
- Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Python, Perl or Shell
- Working experience with SQL
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Business trips to San Jose/USA
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Family medical insurance, sports
- Partial coverage of costs for certification
- English classes with certified English teachers
Back to top