Solution Architect (Data Science & AI)
- London, United Kingdom
EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
Do you have a combination of deep technical expertise, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy helping customers architect systems and solve technical problems? Are you passionate about transforming and shaping leading organizations?
Then you have an opportunity to join EPAM as a Solution Architect (Data Science & AI) and work with highly skilled and professional architects and engineers who specialize in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale.
You are curious, persistent, logical and enjoy crafting and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about this exciting role!
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
EPAM recruits exceptionally talented people who have a passion for and take pride in their work, they are perfectionists in what they do. Due to ongoing growth within a key client we require a Solution Architect with experience within Data Science & AI to play a key role in establishing our UK onsite presence as part of a wider Global Account team.
This is a long-term project role, so ideally looking for the successful candidate to join our growing UK Architect practice on a permanent basis. This role is expected to be heavily client facing so you must be able to commit to working onsite in Cambridge when required in the future.
- As a solution architect in Science IT, you'll be designing solutions that will form a part of our foundational data platform for science, aligned to our client's data science and AI strategy. You'll be providing the architectural leadership to craft requirements and opportunities into well-architected solutions across cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- You will identify opportunities for innovation in your delivery, bringing to bear new technologies and methodology best practices externally and internally. You will work closely with colleagues across the wider IT organisation, including business analysts, data engineers and data scientists, as well as commercial software suppliers
- As a solution architect, you will be responsible for ensuring that the solutions you help deliver form an integral part of the global IT estate and align with the wider Enterprise reference architecture and domain roadmaps. You will need to be a good communicator and have a collaborative delivery approach
- Experience with a range of infrastructures and technology stacks needed to support global solutions
- Experience of designing/developing innovative solutions, blueprints, and standards for solution design
- Hands-on experience with AWS cloud technologies
- Practical experience in agile delivery of complex IT projects, including interpretation of the non-functional requirements associated with successful implementation
- Knowledge of current and new technologies and their applicability to the Science domain
- We expect people to build strong domain (science) and technology (IT) skills and we need architects who can focus on and deliver value in the R&D domain
- A deep understanding of the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Knowledge of the types of technical solutions employed and the associated data utilized in drug discovery (from initial Target identification through to Clinical Trials)
- Understanding of the high-level business processes/workflows and associated dataflow across the R&D domain
- Understand large set of technologies (Java, Python, .NET)
- Quickly learn domain-specific tools (Pipeline Pilot, Bioinformatics tools, etc)
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Various perks such as Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period
Back to top