Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
Our customer is an online video streaming platform which offers over 100,000 hours of TV content and movies across 9 languages, and every major sport covered live. Highly evolved video streaming technology and a high attention to quality of experience across devices and platforms, make it the most complete video destination for Over The Top (OTT) video consumers.
We're looking for Android/FireTV Tech Lead with 4+ years of experience who will help to review current product and come up with recommendations about improvement , assess current requirements and help to form scope for the future engagement.
- You will influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for engineering lifecycle for Android discipline
- You'll take ownership of our continued efforts to scale mobile app development across Engineering, providing valuable insight on how we can refine our processes and tools to support additional contributors in our architecture and code
- Drive feature development for our well-renowned apps for smartphones and tablets
- Take ownership of end-to-end product quality, from developing to maintaining core app frameworks that help make the apps more reliable and delightful
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred. 5-6 years of experience in Android mobile applications development with sound understanding of Android Architecture, Framework, Android SDK, Core Java, Android Studio IDE, Android Debugger
- Hands-on experience in building mobile applications and mobility solutions - native applications
- Expert in UI components & controls; Action Bars, Widgets, Fragments etc
- Expert in basic components of Android: Activity, Services, Intent, Broadcast Receiver, Content Provider
- Good working experience on Web Service Integration ( REST, JSON, XML) & cloud technologies - AWS, GAE, GCM
- Broad knowledge of a range of mobility areas such as Enterprise mobility, Mobile applications pertaining to various domains like Retail, VAS, Media, BFSI, Healthcare, Social Networking, E-commerce etc
- Experience in using analytics, location and social APIs, MDM, payment gateway, SMS gateway, media content transcoding and cloud integration, APM tools
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours