Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
As a Senior Systems Engineer with a focus on Data, you will work as an integral part of our Cloud & DevOps team for a customer. The ideal candidate has a solid background in system administration and is able to work as a part of the DevOps team running an analytical ecosystem in modern cloud-based data systems in a fast-paced, agile environment.
The specific focus is on processing engine development as well as the design, development, automation, and optimization of its usage in the client's analytic ecosystem.
- Participate in a continuous delivery pipeline to fully automate deployment of the highly available cloud platform that supports multiple teams/projects
- Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test, and production environments
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Expertise in major Data technologies and frameworks including but not limited to: Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Flume, Zookeeper, Parquet, Avro, etc
- Background knowledge of at least one RDBMS or NoSQL engines: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB, Impala, Kudu, etc
- Hadoop administration experience, including clusters troubleshooting, migration and consolidation
- Experience of working with Data solutions developed in large cloud computing infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services (EMR, RedShift, Kinesis, Athena, Glue, Lambda), Azure (Databricks, Data Factory, Data Lake, Azure Batch, Azure Function, HDInsight), or Google Cloud Platform (Cloud Dataproc, Cloud Dataflow, Google Cloud Dataprep, Cloud BigTable, Cloud Pub/Sub, Cloud Composer)
- Practical experience of Java, Scala or Python code lifecycle in Data pipelines
- Strong background in Linux administration and scripting (Bash)
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles and experience building CI/CD processes with one of Gitlab, Travis, Jenkins or Octopus
- Familiarity with software process automation with popular scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby)
- Good understanding of version control systems (Git)
- Excellent communication skills
- Upper-Intermediate level of written English (B2+)
- Experience of working with containerization platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes/Openshift
- Cloudera CDH 5.1 or higher: installation, set-up, on-prem deployment, cluster balancing and performance optimization, workload monitoring & proactive alerting
- Experience of usage of infrastructure as code and desired state management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, Terraform)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn solutions
- Sick leave and regular vacation
- Partial coverage of costs for certification and IT conferences
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work schedule