Senior Security Systems Engineer
- Malaga, Spain
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
EPAM Security Competency Center - is a joined team of Application Security Experts, Security Testers, and Hybrid Cloud Security Engineers aimed to provide consistent end-to-end security-related services and knowledge to Production.
Our engineers and architects get involved in various security-related activities. Assessing client's infrastructure, participating in application migration and digital transformation, building security tools and procedures, and integrating them into various system components, supporting DevOps teams with security activities, and many more.
Security Engineers/Architects are engaged to perform different security engineering around access control, vulnerability management, security audit, logging and monitoring, security operations, incident response, disaster recovery, and others.
- Monitor on-premises and cloud infrastructure for attacks, intrusions, and unusual, unauthorized, or illegal activity
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorized system users
- Create SIEM and SOAR detection and remediation scenarios, implement them as detection and response rules; create, test, and update playbooks
- Perform threat hunting and support threat intelligence processes
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Technical knowledge of Internet security, networking protocols, and related technologies, including IDS/IPS, firewalls, content filtering, Network Behavior Analysis tool, Anti-malware, and packet inspection
- Basic understanding of Windows, Linux, DB, and network device monitoring and logging technics
- Basic understanding of host and network security hardening, networking protocols, common intrusion techniques, and common risk management concepts
- Basic knowledge of malware detection, intrusion detection, and prevention systems
- Experience in 1 or more SIEM solutions (Splunk, QRadar, ArcSight, LogRhythm, ELK, Wazuh, Apache Metron, OSSIM, etc.)
- Experience in 1 or more SIRP/SOAR tools (TheHive, Cortex, Phantom, Demisto, Resilient, etc.)
- Experience in network security will be a plus
- Experience in Firewalls (F5, Juniper, Check Point, Palo Alto, Cisco) will be a plus
- Extended opportunity to grow professionally in a cross-cultural environment
- Access to various on-line courses from leading provider
- Access to engineering communities on a global scale
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social benefits in line with local legislation
- Health insurance and meal vouchers programs
- Special discount program for EPAMers with providers across Malaga and in other cities around the world
- Regular team collaboration events
- Office in a good location with easy access
- Referral bonuses
- Relocation support (for people from other countries)
Back to top