Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
- Yerevan, Armenia
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join the team of engineers, data scientists, architects, and designers who are building the platform which serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology and the human touch.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Our client is an American insurance company where web technology is combined with data science models at every step to make intelligent decisions about how customers are marketed, what policies are recommended, and which agents are matched to customers. Their mission is to make insurance easier, cheaper, and higher quality, for everyone - not just the affluent.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
This is a marketplace for insurance. The platform offers the best online insurance shopping experience; within minutes a customer can have instantly approved life, health, auto, or home coverage. Powering all of this is a cloud-first, event-driven, service-oriented-architecture, using the latest software frameworks.
Platform team is responsible for designing, developing, and running foundational services - including CRM service that hosts both customer- and agent-facing UI, along with upstream and downstream APIs, integrations with various information providers as well as the number of internal services. We are working on developing a generic platform that would allow us to integrate with 10x carriers/vendors at a fraction of time.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a seasoned software engineer, who has been working on internal- and public-facing web services for a number of years. You have made your share of mistakes and learned from them. You have good instincts and strong judgment, and your decisions were tested by time over and over again. You demonstrate an exemplary level of ownership and no problem is below you. You enjoy creating designs and writing code that would outlive you.
What You Have
- 5+ years of practical experience developing distributed service-based applications
- Track record of designing, developing and shipping complex software projects that required cross-team collaboration
- Proficiency in Ruby
- Strong debugging and systems analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve or mitigate issues
- Decent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Practical experience developing APIs for the modern world
- Deep practical knowledge of Ruby on Rails and related ecosystem
- Experience working in the fintech or insuretech business domain
- Innovative solutions delivery to the world's digital changes
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Internal Ruby engineering community
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Social package: professional & soft skills trainings, medical & family care programs, sports
- Free English classes
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning program
- Corporate and social events
Back to top