Senior Ruby Developer
- Minsk, Belarus
EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
Are you someone who has a passion for Ruby and is looking to play an important role in an amazing team and to grow your skills? We're looking for an expert Senior Ruby Developer to join our growing team with the opportunity for relocation to Poland: someone with a commercial background in crafting and developing applications.
Our customer was founded by experienced finance & technology professionals and has been designed specifically to support UK businesses faced with the challenges of auto-enrolment. The mission is to transform pensions, savings, and financial well-being, across all generations, around the world. We focus on developing the best application for our customers and don't cut costs - quality is essential to everything we do! We use many contemporary tools such as AWS, GitHub, Circle CI, New Relic, to name a few. Our approach to code is simple: keep it clean and ensure it has good test coverage. At this project, you can focus on features rather than bug fixing.
What You'll Do
- Develop new user facing features
- Engineering a better code base with your team
- Collaborate within a smaller 8-10 person agile engineering team, part of a wider Engineering organization
- Review Pull Requests from other developers
- Work on tickets assigned to you, this includes: writing code and specs (tests) and checking that new code passes other test coverage
- Occasionally pair with other Engineers - we have pairing machines
- Enjoy collaborative, agile team environment
- Be awesome at what you do best - code!
- Significant commercial experience with Ruby, working in a Ruby on Rails environment
- Deep understanding of object-orientated programming
- Desire to work with Domain Driven Design
- Will to work using Test Driven Development
- Understanding of relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Previous experience working in a company scaling up is useful, but not essential
- Familarity with web design patterns
- Most importantly, a desire to learn, grow, work with an amazing team, and deliver software
- Outstanding career development opportunities
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues all around the world
- Unlimited access to learning courses (LinkedIn learning, EPAM training courses, English regular classes, Internal Library)
- Community of 43,000+ industry's top professionals
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Competitive compensation
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Social package - medical & family care
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate and social events
Back to top