Are you someone who has a passion for Ruby and is looking to play an important role in an amazing team and to grow your skills? In simple terms, we're looking for an expert Senior Ruby Developer to join our growing team based in Paddington: someone with a commercial background in crafting and developing applications.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Smart Pension was founded by experienced finance & technology professionals and has been designed specifically to support UK businesses faced with the challenges of auto-enrolment.
ABOUT THE POJECT
Our mission is to transform pensions, savings and financial well-being, across all generations, around the world. We focus on developing the best application for our customers and don't cut costs - quality is essential to everything we do! We use many contemporary tools such as AWS, GitHub, Circle CI, New Relic, to name a few. Our approach to code is simple: keep it clean and ensure it has good test coverage. At Smart Pension you can focus on features rather than bug fixing.
What You'll Do
- Develop new user facing features
- Engineering a better code base with your team
- Collaborate within a smaller 8-10 person agile engineering team, part of a wider Engineering organization
- Review Pull Requests from other developers
- Work on tickets assigned to you, this includes: writing code and specs (tests) and checking that new code passes other test coverage
- Occasionally pair with other Engineers - we have pairing machines
- Enjoy collaborative, agile team environment
- Be awesome at what you do best - code!
- Significant commercial experience with Ruby, working in a Ruby on Rails environment
- Deep understanding of object-orientated programming
- Desire to work with Domain Driven Design
- Will to work using Test Driven Development
- Understanding of relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Previous experience working in a company scaling up is useful, but not essential
- Familarity with web design patterns
- Most importantly, a desire to learn, grow, work with an amazing team, and deliver software
- Innovative solutions delivery to the world's digital changes
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Engineering, corporate and social events
- Social package: professional & soft skills trainings, medical & family care programs, sports
- Free English classes
- Flexible working schedule