Senior Node.js Software Engineer
- Lviv, Ukraine
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 38,000+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
Our customer is an US logistics company that connects brokers with carriers and individual truckers for them to make a deal on the freight shipping. The company has been on the market for almost 40 years, evolving with many technological transformations. With EPAM's engagement, we intend to help the customer to achieve their strategic objectives by developing new and evolving existing products, staying relevant with emerging disruptions in this domain.
A Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing the software that drives our SaaS platform. In this role, you will work with cutting edge tools to develop code that is reliable, maintainable, and scalable. You'll work full stack, from building microservices in AWS, to creating compelling experiences in the web.
- Work across the stack to from UI to database
- Design and develop REST APIs
- Leverage AWS to deliver efficient, cloud-native solutions
- Write unit, integration, and functional tests, and guide others in doing the same
- Participate in design/code reviews
- Translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications
- Document software designs and project tasks
- Review functional requirements and analyze their impact on schedule and software design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience in software development
- Experience developing and deploying in AWS
- Experience developing REST APIs according to established best practices
- Experience using a modern development framework such as React or Angular to build web UIs
- Expert understanding of software design principles and patterns, and experience applying them
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
- High productivity and effective time management
- Experience with Scrum/Agile SDLC
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours
Learn more about EPAM in Ukraine
Back to top