EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
The remote option applies only to the Candidates who will be working from any location in Poland.
We are looking for Senior/Lead Java Backend Engineers with experience with Scala, who will join our team and will contribute to several new initiatives. We are building a core team which will become a foundation for further expansion within Online Game Services.
We are looking for passionate engineers excited about solving impactful technical problems; we look for people who can assess a challenge, craft a well architected solution, and run with implementation.
We are supporting Employment Contract or B2B, depending on your preferences.
- Being part of an AGILE development team
- Contributing to the success of our customer projects
- Development of new product functionality, technical analysis, effort estimation
- Design and implementation of new business requirements
- Working in close cooperation with customer's representatives
- Leveraging your deep understanding of Java Enterprise Technology (including experience with open source proprietary technology
- Senior colleagues are encouraged to manage individual teams on technical grounds and closely adhere to the deadlines and report to the Project Managers
- Java backend/micro-services knowledge
- Experience with Cloud/AWS (LB, ASG, AZ, SNS/SQS, EC2, EC) + IaC tools
- Experience with developing & maintaining a live service; the ability to monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose issues
- Experience with non-relational databases (Mongo, Dynamo, Redis)
- Experience with creating a system design, integrating upstream and downstream components in a complicated web of micro-services
- English fluent (B2+)
- Experience developing scalable backend web services using Scala language
- Experience with developing Online Games, Game Servers, Game Backend Services
- Experience with integrating external services and APIs and common auth models
- Team & working conditions:
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Engineering community of industry's professionals
- Flexible schedule and opportunity to work remotely
- Relocation within our offices
- Corporate and social events
- Benefits package (health insurance, multisport, shopping vouchers)
- Stable income:
- Employment Contract or B2B
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Participation in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral bonuses
- Career development:
- Innovative solutions delivery and engineering excellence
- Outstanding career roadmap
- Leadership development, career advising, soft skills and well-being programs
- Certification (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, Get Abstract, O'Reilly, Cloud Guru
- Language classes on English and Polish for foreigners
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted