Senior Java/Kotlin Software Engineer
- Odessa, Ukraine
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
Our customer is a British multinational retailing company headquartered in London, with regional offices located across the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland in locations such as Cardiff, Edinburgh and Dublin. It is the largest home improvement retailer in Europe, and the third largest in the world. It has over 1,300 stores, in ten countries across Europe within several well-known brands.
Our team help to smoothly go through the digital transformation process. As a part of the transformation, we need to roll out a next-generation e-commerce platform across a number of EU countries. The platform relies on a Single Page Application which uses TypeScript, React, Redux and Redux-saga as the primary technologies and the back-end service using Java 8 and Kotlin. Also, it includes native mobile application both for Android and iOS as well as instore IoT terminals. The infrastructure is based on GitLab, GitLab CI, Jenkins, and AWS.
- 3+ years of software experience in Java
- Expertise in Java 8
- Proficiency in Kotlin
- Strong knowledge of API Design and Standards (JSON API)
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Metrologies
- Experience in Extreme Programming
- Experience in Spring
- Strong knowledge of Agile practices
- Good communication skills
- Upper-intermediate or higher English level, both spoken and written (B2+)
- Java 8/ Rx Java
- Spring Boot
- Version Control/Git
- Jenkin Pipelines
- Gradle (automation)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Sick leave and regular vacation
- Partial coverage of costs for certification and IT conferences
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work schedule
Learn more about EPAM in Ukraine
Back to top