Senior Java Software Engineer
- Kyiv, Ukraine
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
Our client is a global healthcare Independent Software Vendor (ISV) and one of the top Electronic Medical Record (EMR) vendors. The company has a multi-year program to reimagine and re-platform its legacy application suite as a SaaS-based solution using modern technologies and frameworks deployed on AWS cloud.
Client flagship product today is a Win32/64 based application that is hosted on premise, either by the client or their customers.
The application UI consists of a mix of embedded components written in Java/Web technologies.
Prior to moving the whole application to a fully web-based SaaS model on AWS, UI components will be incrementally converted to a modern web stack. The client uses its own web application development framework built on React and Ruby on Rails. Backend services are written in Java and currently being converted to REST-based microservices written in Java Spring Boot. The application uses Oracle as the backend database.
Joining this project, you will have a tremendous opportunity for learning and growth, considering the breadth of technologies used and the move towards a modern AWS-based solution, as well as the size and importance of the client.
- 3+ years of experience in Java development
- Ability to support code review process, enforce coding, architectural, testing, build and CI standards across the team
- Willingness to work new technologies and tools
- Proficiency in Java/Spring Boot
- Experience and willingness to work with Ruby, React is a plus
- Expertise in SQL & NoSQL technologies, and specifically Oracle database
- Experience in AWS not required but highly desired
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks
- Familiarity with design and development of microservices
- Understanding of CI/CD concept, and experience in pipelines automation
- Experience in healthcare, or other highlight regulated industries is a big plus
- Intermediate English level (B1+) both spoken and written
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Sick leave and regular vacation
- Partial coverage of costs for certification and IT conferences
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work schedule
Learn more about EPAM in Ukraine
Back to top