EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
The client is an investment management company founded more than 40 years ago, located in Connecticut.
The goal of the Research department is to fundamentally how the global economy works. Embedded within the Research department is a uniquely talented technology team that builds the tools that allow our macroeconomists to conduct their research and understand the world's economies at a level we believe no other firm is capable of. These tools tackle problems from data ingestion and storage to data visualizations, to signal creation.
With a fundamental approach to researching markets, and a systematic approach to understanding and executing on that understanding, the client places an unparalleled emphasis on technology as the critical component to this process.
What You'll Do
- The Senior Software Engineer is a hands-on engineering role focused on designing and building architectures, platforms, and standards to model the world's economic markets
- BS degree in an associated field or other advanced certification along with equivalent experience
- Strong Java or Python development skills
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- Strong computer science fundamentals (algorithms, big O notation, data structures: arrays, lists, stacks, queues, dictionaries, trees, etc.)
- Excellent design skills (with the security focus, OOD, SOLID, GRASP, KISS, YAGNI, DRY, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Spark, Zookeeper
- AWS (EC2, S3, DynamoDB, IAM, VPC, SQS, Lambda, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (English - B2+/C1)
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to dive into a complicated codebase without supervision
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Subsidized)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care, Commuter)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Plan and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance
- REQ #: 206162622
- Depending on the position, EPAM employees may need to work at a client worksite or an EPAM office. To protect employees and help communities fight the COVID-19 pandemic, vaccination is required to visit a EPAM office in the US, and many of our clients have similar policies in place. Due to this, a COVID-19 vaccination may be necessary and when applicable, specific details will be discussed during the interview process which may include providing proof of vaccination. For candidates with exceptional circumstances that prevent them from getting the COVID-19 vaccine, we will offer alternative reasonable accommodation, where possible, which should be coordinated by your recruiter and discussed directly with an HR Representative