Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
We are looking for highly competent (Senior) Database Administrator / Engineer to strengthen our Infrastructure Delivery unit.
On this role you will be responsible for managing, maintaining, enhancing and strategic development of all database technologies of our clients, on-premises as well as in the cloud. We are looking for an adaptive DBA with breadth over several technologies in the database domain. Infrastructure as Code as well as the cloud database offerings with either Azure, AWS or GCP are also not new for you.
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever - a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM.
- Drive the digital transformation of our customers by building, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting on-premises and cloud-based DB-platforms
- Be in charge of the design, configuration, implementation, maintenance, and operation of the databases of our clients, ensuring the highest availability and complying with relevant service agreements
- Strive for automation either by coding, scripting or via third-party solutions
- Help define, collect, and report on service quality metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Work across teams to optimize reliability, performance, latency, and efficiency for DB services
- Provide monitoring recommendations for systems under ownership
- Provide input into the product roadmap, including milestone schedules and deliverables
- Make sure that systems are built to required security standards
- Follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in emerging technologies and best practices
- We expect the candidates to have some of these skills or the willingness to learn others:
- Excellent knowledge of multiple database platforms such as MSSQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2 and MongoDB
- Excellent knowledge of configuring Linux and Windows operating systems for optimal database performance including performance tuning
- Excellent knowledge of usual DB processes such as backup and recovery, migrations and upgrades, replication, clustering and high availability, security and auditing
- Good working knowledge of chosen SQL syntax
- Good working knowledge of data security governance and regulations such as GDPR and SOX
- Confident practical knowledge of physical infrastructure: network, storage and virtualization layers and their impact on DB services
- Confident practical knowledge of cloud DBaaS offerings such as Amazon RDS, Google Cloud SQL or Microsoft Azure SQL, experience with migrating database services to the (hybrid) cloud with Microsoft Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience with cloud infrastructure automation and orchestration tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience in monitoring tasks and tooling such as New Relic, TICK/ELK stack, Grafana or Splunk
- DBA certification from Microsoft, Oracle or IBM
- Certification by Microsoft, AWS or Google for cloud DB administration
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Public exposure (articles, talks, workshops)
- Extended opportunity to grow professionally in a cross-cultural environment
- Access to various on-line courses from leading provider
- Access to engineering communities on a global scale
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social benefits in line with local legislation
- Health insurance and meal vouchers programs
- Special discount program for EPAMers with providers across Malaga and in other cities around the world
- Regular team collaboration events
- Office in a good location with easy access
- Referral bonuses
- Relocation support (for people from other countries)
- Please note that any offers will be subject to appropriate background checks
- We do not accept CVs from recruiting or staffing agencies