EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
We are looking for Cloud and Database experts that will help companies migrate database workloads to the cloud while modernizing applications and existing architectures.
With the increasing demand of modernization and cloud native solutions, many organizations are migrating to the cloud for greater agility, security and scalability.
The Cloud DB Migration practice is handling projects of assessing Oracle and MS SQL server databases to determine migration complexity and build a migration plans to Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
EPAM has a first-of-its-kind cloud migration assessment tool that helps companies analyze database environments and generate a visual cloud migration roadmap to accelerate database migration to the cloud.
Our tool "migVisor" helps identify the best migration path for each database. Using sophisticated scoring logic to rank databases according to complexity, migVisor assesses databases on configuration, schema, business logic and proprietary database features and identifies potential migration challenges and suggests appropriate workarounds.
migVisor dynamically analyzes and compares source databases for support and compatibility with multiple cloud-native, PaaS-based and IaaS-based targets - such as Cloud SQL, Aurora, RDS, EC2, PostgreSQL and MySQL - and automates database migration assessments and source database discovery.
Besides databases and cloud, we are automating our tasks as much as possible using python, this helps us get more value to the customers with short timelines.
- Review, analyze and document existing database architecture and infrastructure
- Recommend best practices and optimal technical approaches for modernizing a legacy database system including upgrades, re-architecture, infrastructure, schema design and data modeling, data migration, real-time replication
- Support build and release processes for multiple
- Security, sql injection prevention
- Performance tuning (DB and PL/SQL)
- Ability to work within large improvement initiatives and projects
- Demonstrate strategic and tactical capability to have an impact on challenging teams balancing short-term results with a sustained push towards turnaround of medium to long-term team performance
- Proven ability to systematically analyze and resolve technical problems
- Ability to generate new ideas and innovative solutions
- Focused attitude to work, with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring excellent attention to detail & high levels of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include proven report writing & presentation skills
- At least 4+ years of experience as a hands-on MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL production Database Administrator is a must
- Some cloud experience AWS/GCP/Azure (one of these is enough)
- Extensive expertise with writing PL/SQL or T/SQL code for applications
- Expert level proficiency in database architecture, configuration, stored procedures, queries and development
- Expert Level Proficiency designing and implementing Large Scale HA/DR Environments
- Experience with legacy migration and modernization aspects of database engineering
- Excellent understanding of general database design and development
- Experience with very large databases and/or data warehousing
- Proficiency with fundamental RDBMS principles, database design and data modeling
- Good spoken and written English level
- Experience in cross-db migration (Oracle - PostgreSQL, MS SQL - PostgreSQL, Oracle - MySQL)
- Python scripting will be a very nice advantage but not required
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours